“Excellent for foodies”
Review of Joseph Benjamin

Joseph Benjamin
Reserve with OpenTable
Joseph Benjamin is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 564 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: European
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed November 12, 2011

The menu is modest but both diverse and interesting. Mostly European based recipes with some unusual twists. There is also a biaise to local produce.
The shared platter starters are excellent, the selection of wines very good (certianly not budget).
In a cosey location next to the citiy walls on the Norht side of the city this is one of the best restaurants for good food, service and atmosphere. Recommended!
If I had to make any negative coment it wouuld be that the menu could be a little more extensive - especially if you wanted to revisit before the menu was cycled. Having said that I am sure that there would be something for almost everyone.

There are newer reviews for Joseph Benjamin

Reviewed November 8, 2011

Simply the best. Small thoughtful menu, beautifully prepared by Joe and his team.
Front of house, Ben is excellent. This is a family favourite, Coffee midweek with grandson and dinner perhaps once a month. We recently cancelled a booking at The Simon Radley, to have an anniversary dinner at JBs, we weren't disappointed.

Reviewed November 8, 2011

We booked this resturant as Six of us were celebrating my husbands 40th birthday. Three of us are trained chefs so enjoy good quality food cooked well.Two of us haven't been to alot of resturants before and we were worried that there woukdn't be any thing that they would like to eat because it is a small menu. We were plesantly surprised with all our choices and all had a taste of each others food.We also ordered a cake for the end of the meal which was beautiful and was a big surprise for my husband.The only negative I would say is that the floor can be very slippy but altogether a great evening.

Reviewed November 1, 2011

We went for Sunday lunch. The food was brilliant and highly recommend the sausages in white sauce very yummy!

Reviewed October 30, 2011

We visited this restaurant after looking at the reviews on tripadvisor; I am so glad we did.

As soon as you walk in you get greeted and offered drinks that are quality in both presentation and the way they are served.

The restaurant’s ambiance is of a quality and class establishment; after seating you are offered a menu that will suit all tastes.

The food from start to finish is of a standard that is rare to find ( and at a reasonable price as well ! )

The wine does not leave you disappointed, again superb and from all regions, faultless.

The service is of the highest standard and when I asked for a cheese board I was given information on all the cheeses by a well informed waiter.

The best in Chester? I would say so; my girlfriend and I loved it.