“A little gem of a restaurant!”
Review of Handbridge

Handbridge
Ranked #175 of 565 Restaurants in Chester
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 25, 2013

We had dinner in this restaurant last Wednesday, using our Tastecard. Lovely atmosphere, very good service and delicious food. The barman/waiter was attentive without being intrusive which was greatly appreciated. The food was out of this world. I agree with a previous reviewer, we shared the baked Camembert and it was plenty for a starter. My prawn and chicken paella was just perfect with plenty of prawns and seafood. Other dishes were equally as good, our compliments to the chef. Unfortunately, it was our last night in Chester otherwise we would have certainly eaten there again. I definitely recommend it.

There are newer reviews for Handbridge

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Booked a table for lunch whilst on a visit to Chester.Found the Handbridge on the Taste card website. We were really impressed by the service we received and the quality of the food was exceptional.This establishment is a must if ever in Chester. Try the whitebait as a starter, superb !!

Reviewed October 8, 2013

We had a meal in the Handbridge pub in Chester, last weekend. It had been recommended and there were about ten of us. Most of us were, unfortunately, disappointed with the food..Mine, and I later found out, other people's who had different dishes, was very under seasoned and not very palatable. However, the service was good and quite friendly, but I would say prices were on the high side.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Came here with a taste card on a weeknight with grandparents. Very impressed with the overall look and feel of the place, modern and comfortable. Initially a waitress seemed slightly nervous but maybe she was just quiet, nonetheless very polite and accommodating. Slight wait on the starters but definitely worth the wait! The baked Camembert was to die for! But it is a big starter and would recommend sharing 1! :) my grandmother raved about the chicken liver parfait also. Mains came quickly and I would definitely recommend the Smoked haddock, salmon and spinach risotto, and I know my grandparents loved their meals (pork medallions and the chicken and prawn paella) as the plates were virtually licked clean. Throughout the evening the handbridge remained atmospheric. If I even come back this way I will definitely be popping in again!

Reviewed August 31, 2013

We wanted somewhere different to eat so browsed Trip Advisor and found this pub in Handbridge.We were not disappointed,the service and food were very good and reasonable.My wife and another of our family decided to go for the salmon fillet in broth,very unusual,but as it turned out to be excellent!The service was attentive but not overly so.A very pleasant place to eat just over the bridge

1  Thank will2509