“Fantastico”

Ranked #15 of 564 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Ate here Saturday 24th November 2013 at 15:00 A treat for my wife's birthday with 2 children and my mum. (Have eaten here at least twice a year even before change of owners some may remember it as Vito's? For the past 18 years and I now live 180 miles away. Queue was out of door and we hadn't booked. Having said that, at that time no one was turned away, and everyone waited patiently and we had table within 15 minutes. We were told later would have been impossible as the evening was fully booked. Would advise to book. Once seated it's such a great atmosphere you think you are in Italy,You can watch the pizza making guy if you sit near the front to mid areas. All The staff speak English and Italian and are fantastic. They adore the kids and treat them with respect and try to make everyone feel special. The food is wonderful we have never had an average meal here and I like to try something different every time either off the menu or from the specials board.

2  Thank mmvsp
There are newer reviews for La Fattoria

Reviewed November 22, 2013

Visit La Fattoria on a regular basis. Came for early dinner with best friend after having a days shopping in Chester. We hadnt booked but we were accommodated and looked after. The menu is fairly extensive, with a good choice for vegetarians too. We aLways have the garlic bread with tomato to share, which is yummy. I had the penne with tomato and mozzarella which was very good. Pizzas are great, and there are lots of pasta choices. Tried many, always tasty and satisfying. This place is always busy and it is advisable to book, especially at busy times. The atmosphere is good. The waiters constantly top up your wine, which can be abit annoying sometimes. Overall a good place to visit.

Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

We ate here last Sunday evening, central Chester was dead except for this place, the food we had was simple but delicious & very good value.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

I was in Chester for work and needed somewhere to have dinner. Browsing TripAdvisor I came across La Fattoria and thought it worth a shot.

I did not book, but was accomodated very quickly. The restaurant was busy - always a good sign, but the service was very attentive. Almost as soon as I had finished my first beer I was offered another.

I started with the deep fried mozzarella in breadcrumbs - excellent - followed by a very tasty calzone. The olive oil drizzled over the top really complimented the taste of the crust. I finished off with lemon sorbet - I was rather worried when I heard the bag being opened, but it was wonderful - delightfully sharp.

I would be more than happy to return there.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Excellent food at a reasonable price. Portion sizes were about spot on. Mushroom risotto was like I remember from my youth in Italy. Tasted the ' salt'in bocca' which will definitely be my next main upon my return visit. Taste before seasoning, as there is enough salt on the food. Atmosphere was excellent. As a member of the party was celebrating her birthday, staff did the usual celebratory noise as the cake was fetched to the table. An enjoyable evening out with authentic Italian food. This restaurant is definitely worth a visit.