“Fantastic Authentic Italian Restaurant”
Review of La Fattoria

La Fattoria
Ranked #19 of 555 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Authentic Italian Restaurant”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We looked at several other Italian restaurants before deciding on this one. We were so pleased we did. The huge helping of minestrone was delicious and our Pizza Regina was very large and tasty. Excellent choice of sweets too and with half a bottle of
Valpolicella and 2 large glasses of Rosé our bill was very reasonable at £55 for 2 as we had greedily decided to have Olives as an extra starter. Wonderful atmosphere and staff.

Visited July 2013

• Polish first
Leigh, United Kingdom
“Lovely food, nice atmosphere”
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

I had a lovely meal here on a hot Sunday evening. The food tasted authentic, it all arrived in good time and the restaurant was very busy and loud with a friendly atmosphere. The courses all came in good time and were hot and delicious.

The prices are very good for what you get. It is one of the best Italians I have visited and I would definitely recommend it to others and visit again when I am next in Chester

Visited July 2013
Mold, United Kingdom
“Brilliant, authentic Italian food.”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

My wife and I have used this restaurant for years now. The food is great, the staff are friendly and it has a great atmosphere. It can get unbelieveably noisy at times, especially when the waiting staff serenade anyone in the party who is celebratng a birthday or anniversary. It's happened to us, and four or five waiters clattering ladles round the insides of cooking pots can make a hell of a din!! We have seen young children stand open mouthed watching the pizza chef twirling a huge round of pasta above his head. If you can book a table, and sometimes it's difficult, this is the place to go.

• Visited April 2013
Chester, United Kingdom
“Fantastico”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I've been here on many occasions and I think now is the time to say this is officially my favourite restaurant in Chester. I have been to most of the restaurants in Chester but this one has proved to be the tastiest, friendliest and most atmospheric of the lot. All staff are Italian and they are very flattered if you try and speak Italian to them. No matter how bad you are at the lingo they will always reply back in their mother tongue. The food is delicious, the decor is very quirky and the atmosphere always gives me a buzz. I've been to Italy and eaten in some great places...but La Fattoria genuinely makes me feel like I've stepped into Milan. I had the squid for starters and the parma ham pizza for main course. You just can't go wrong with this place. They have a gelataria selling a great selection of ice cream. I am trying to think of bad things about this place but I'm stumped. Go. Just GO!

• Visited March 2013
“Love it but don't bother any more”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Used to go almost every week as brill food and friendly staff, but now even if you book a table you have to wait at least half an hour to be seated. They seem to take no notice of the fact you have booked for a certain time and you just have to join the queue with everyone who had just walked in in the off chance of a table.
Also sitting eating your meal surrounded by people standing around you queuing for a table is not the best!

• Visited April 2013