“True Italian at it is best!”
Review of La Fattoria

La Fattoria
Ranked #20 of 557 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children
Peterborough, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“True Italian at it is best!”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Found the informal cheerful atmosphere very welcoming, like eating with a big family. The staff were attentive, and service excellent, without being intrusive. The food was superb, easily the best we have eaten, anywhere (and Italian food is always the cuisine of choice for us). We will visit Chester again, just to eat here, it was that good. Thank you for a wonderful meal guys. x

1 Thank Kzintia

• Polish first
“Very very overated!!!!!”
Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

Had high expectations for this place.....was very dissapointed from the start, first impressions, its like a cramped, noisy cafe. We were left standing for 20 minutes in the doorway, nobody came to seat us or speak to us or anything at all for that matter, isnt this normal in a supposed "quality, highly rated" to be greeted and seated? Not here!! Eventually we were pointed to a table and left to find our way through the very cramped tables to it, service was slowwwwww....although the waiters were flocking around a couple of tables of women and payed no attention to others including us.....its a restaurant, not speed dating, do your jobs waiters! We skipped starters and both just ordered pizzas in order to get in and out asap.....pizzas were tasty, only good point and were not tasty enough to makr up for terrible customer service.....asked for bill, didny come.....25 minutes passed, asked again in this time, still didnt come, so we headed for the till to be greeted by a rude rude waiter who said "why have you come here, we bring the bill" I pointed out we had waited 25 minutes and asked twice for it.....paid up and left!! 28 quid for 2 pizzas and a couple of beers....from the bottle when we were told it was draught. Oh and desert.....plastic cups of ready made desserts....is this normal? Homemade italian ice cream wouldnt be too much to ask for. NEVER AGAIN, AVOID!!!

2 Thank Choopy187
Newport, United Kingdom
“The smell and noise is a true feel of Italy”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Having eaten here before we decided to drop off on the way home on Saturday Night (16th March 2013). Knowing how popular this restaurant is we were unsure if we would get a table. We were greeted warmly at the door and explained we had not booked, the waitress asked us to wait a few minutes and she could see what she could do. About 5 minutes later we were shown to a table by a nice friendly waiter and given our menus, a minute later a waitress came over and took our drinks order and our drinks were served promptly. If you have never been here before bring your reading glasses as the menu is vast, a true choice of all italian foods, it took the waiter/waitress 3 attempts to get our food order as there is so much fabulous choice. With all that choice I still opted for the same food as last time as I had enjoyed it so much and again I was not disappointed. For starter I had the Antipasto Primavera which is two lovely large portions of toasted goats cheese served on bruschetta with rocket and sun-dried tomatoes, very yummy, my husband had the Antipasto Misto which was mixed meats but when it was served it also came with mozzarella, beef tomatoes and huge olives which was an added treat. For main course I had Ravioli Sofia, this is several huge raviloi filled with lobster and crabmeat, the dish is then topped with garlic, mushrooom, prawns, prawns and more prawns. Hubby opted for the lamb cutlets which made a nice change for him to have 4 as a lot of restaurants only serve 3, he fancied one of the sauces that came with the steak and the waiter was happy to add it to the dish for him at no extra cost. I was full but husband had a desert and could not resist the tiramisu, wow how big was the portion and not to creamy (as some places get carried away with two much cream) the sponge was moist and was very tasty (yes of course I had to pinch some, I could not resist). Now one little touch I have to impress on everyone is that the waiting staff were very attentive to ensure my wine glass was continually topped up from my bottle, even a lot of high end restaurants do not do this anymore, and it is little touches like this that you remember. If you fancy trying the pizza I saw the size of them and they were huge, but looked very nice indeed, probably not best to have a starter to fully enjoy it. On Saturday night there was a very long table in which was actually a wedding party, so how truly authentic italian did it make the night feel and added an even more excellent atmosphere.
Lovely night and meal, thank you

cheshire
“a pure italian delight”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

booked that morning . seats ready asked to move no problem . drinks and wine perfect . starters i recomend the garlic pizza bead ~£4 and just heaven .. i had mushrooms boys had brusheta all perfect . main course i had calzone pizza wow , boys has margareti and the wife had rissoto .
all perfect , a pure delight

very friendly staff and a warm welcome , v traditional

Chester, United Kingdom
“Disappointing meal”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Last Sunday my partner and I went to La Fattoria. Having had a pleasant meals previously. It was disappointing from the start, a table was merely pointed out to us, not shown to the table. Service was variable, different waiting staff either attentive or plain indifferent. Not offered coffee and the bill never came following request. Had to put coat on and walk to till. Expressed dissatisfaction at time, so restaurant can't deny this. Paid 31 pound bill. no tip which is unusual for me. Could have done better.