“food great but charged £7.60 for a glass of lemonade”
Review of Ruan Orchid

Ruan Orchid
Ranked #68 of 575 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 27, 2013

My wife and I have been coming to Chester a lot recently and often enjoyed food at the RuIn Orchid. This lunchtime we called in and had the lunchtime offer of two courses for £7.95. My wife asked for a glass of lemonade I didn't want a drink. The waitress brought a pint of lemonade.
As always the food was good but when I came to pay the bill there were two drinks listed @ £3.80 each.
I queried this as I had not had a drink. The waitress explained that the cost was for two bottles to fill a pint glass.
£7.60 a pint of lemonade.
I will never eat here again and warn others to check before they get cynically ripped off like this.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Have eaten here many times and can safely say it's a firm favourite.Nice cosy atmosphere and the exotic aromas excite as soon as you enter. An extensive variety of traditional thai dishes. Great value lunchtime 2-course specials and the early bird evening menu is also a good deal. It's consistently good food decoratively presented, cooked and served by authentic thai chefs and waiting staff.If you enjoy oriental food then any visit to chester is incomplete without sampling the delights of this little restaurant. Highly reccomended.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

this was the first time we have eaten tai food,so it was a plesant surprise and thoroughly enjoyed it.Very expensive.we shared the 2 people banguet with 3 persons and there still was food left,so good big portions.very fresh tasty food,lots of chilli,lemon grass and ginger,i deffiently would recommend as a romantic meal or with friends,small and intimate.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Have been here a number of times now and every time its faultless. I agree with some of the reports in that the staff should be more pleasant and just learn to smile but other than that its excellent. If you visit Chester head for here in Lower Bridge Street. The early offer is excellent and its a starter and main for £11.95 and you can have two starters. Recommend it?....definitely. Will we re visit? Definitely.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Went for an after races meal after pre-booking. The place was busy with a nice atmosphere. Service was prompt, and friendly. The menu was quite vast and a little confusing. It seems they're trying to push you towards one of their set meals. Which we opted for. We didn't have to wait long for our food and it was plentiful and very tasty. Overall a very good experience and I would recommend this restaurant, although a little pricey.