“Authentic Thai in Chester”
Review of Ruan Orchid

Ruan Orchid
Ranked #43 of 570 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We went here for my partner’s birthday in July,The setting is nice and romantic and the staff pleasant enough.

I rang beforehand to ask if they could supply a small cake to which they obliged and went out to Tesco to buy one for when i arrived then just charged it to my bill (nice touch)

For starters we shared a chicken noodle dish with a tangy sauce which came to us very spicy! my partner is not overly into very hot food and when i looked on the menu it did state in small that you can have it as hot or mild as you liked but i was not asked by the waitress how spicy I wanted the dish she just took the order and brought the food.

for mains we had the green Thai curry and the chicken omelette with noodles, they were both of a decent enough standard and made in a authentic manor however we were not blown away for the price you pay, it is not cheap by any means so we did expect the food to be of a higher level than we received. Something that was a little annoying was that we were served by three different waitresses on the night, i do feel that one person should look after a table especially as they had more than enough staff to cope. in all we had an 'ok' experience but would i rush back? Maybe not.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Visited the Ruan Orchid with a group of friends this Saturday before a night out in Chester and thought the food was lovely. I love Thai - it's my favourite - and I was not disappointed.

The restaurant itself is very small but I found it really cosy and cute. We were seated upstairs and served quickly with our menus.

I had the stuffed chicken wings for starters which was absolutely gorgeous. Still can't quite work out how they managed to stuff chicken wings but they did and they were very tasty. They were stuffed with a minced pork and herby filling - yum. Others in my group had fishcakes, chicken satay and duck spring rolls and we all cleared out plates! For main course we all (aside from one) had the green curry. It was very tasty and a good size portion. I asked for mine medium-hot (as they ask how spicy you would like it) and I have to admit it could have been spicier for my palate.

Service was fine, maybe a little brusque at times but on the whole perfectly acceptable ,

Very nice food, conveniently located (it's right next door to Oddfellows which is a really cool bar) and I'm sure I will be making another visit here soon.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

Went here after racing yesterday with my partner, atmosphere and service fantastic but the real winner was the food, relished every mouthful. Not been to any other Thai restaurants in Chester but wouldn't put anyone off going here.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

Called there yesterday the 9th Sept., I have been here a few times and sure enough the food the service every thing was as good as always. I have a passion for thai food, the menu is so varied it is impossible to not find something to delight the pallete. So to anybody out there who is not sure about thai food give it ago you won't be dissappointed.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Went here on the August Bank holiday with my partner. We hadn't realised that there is a Sunday Night Early Bird menu beforehand. The menu has 2 starters and one main for justover a tenner. The 2 starters I had were very nice but quite small, but after I'd had my main course (green curry + rice) I was pretty full so be patient and stick with it despite the small starters. The food was really good and as always in here the taste and flavour was excellent. Service was spot on (it always is here) and we will be going back soon.