“Great hotel stay away from room 8 and 9”

and 1 more site!
The Coach House Inn
Ranked #5 of 79 Chester B&B and Inns
Maidstone, England, United Kingdom
“Great hotel stay away from room 8 and 9”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

I stayed here for business for two nights and the quality of furnishings and facilities, food and beer were excellent. The staff were friendly and very helpful, the food was good value and very good quality.
Unfortunately the wall between my room and next door was as much use as a shower curtain, the first night I had an elderly, I assume partially deaf, couple next door who were up till 11:30 and then awake again the next morning before 5 and felt the need to have the TV on all the time they were awake making it impossible for me to sleep. The next night I had new quieter neighbours and slept ok but when I went to bed I could hear snoring and every mumble as they slept. I don't know if the other rooms have the same problem and a member of staff told me no-one else had ever complained so maybe it is just those two rooms.
It was a shame because otherwise it was a lovely hotel and if I am up to Chester again I would give it another try but definitely not in rooms 8 or 9. Apart from the walls issue my rating would be 4.5 out of 5.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms 8 and 9 if you intend to sleep while there.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Elisher D, Manager at The Coach House Inn, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Hi there,

Thank you ever so much for this review. I would like to apologise about the noise you had to put with, We do get very few complaints of such but it is being looked into. If you do ever come back to Chester please do stay with us again and we will try to achieve 4.5 for sure!

The Coach House Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
manchester
Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

Popped in for a breakfast and so glad we did , it was absolutely delicious we were able to sit outside in the sunshine aswell that made it even better, bacon sausage egg beans black pudding tomato and toast £7.95 including tea.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Missboovier
Hello Miss Boovier!

Thank you very much for the review and for the brilliant picture collage you made! I am so pleased you enjoyed your breakfast with us. Please come again soon!

Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 4, 2014

We were welcomed by staff upon arrival, explained free tea/coffee available throughout our stay.
Shown to our room which was very clean and spacious. Lovely views to cathedral and square.
Food excellent. Nothing was too much trouble. All staff very professional, always smiling.
Would thoroughly recommend to friends and family, definitely be back.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Hello Rosie!

Thanks so much for this review, you have highlighted many positives which shall all be passed onto our staff. We would love to have you stay with us again!

Allensmore, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 25, 2014

We arrived to a warm welcome, and were shown to our lovely clean room. Tea and coffee was free to guests, and we sat and relaxed in the lounge. I stayed with a friend, and neither of us has a big appetite, so later when ordering food in the evening, the staff very happily split a meal between two plates for us, with no extra charge. The standard of food was really good, and breakfast fit for a king! Leanne looked after us very well, and gave us great information about what to see and do. The hotel is perfectly placed in the centre of Chester and near the shops. We will definitely go back to Chester for another girlie shopping break, and we will definitely stay at The Coach House.

If there was one negative, it was that the Wifi was not very reliable in our room, and connection a bit unstable, but we coped!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Juney J
Elisher D, Manager at The Coach House Inn, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Hi there.

Thanks very much for taking the time to leave this review, it is very much appreciated! I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I hope Leann's advice on what to do in Chester was good! I'm sure it was!

The Coach House Inn Team
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

13 of us stayed at the hotel for the weekend and the hotel/pub staff handled us perfectly!

The location is amazing --- opposite the cathedral and in a perfect central location.

The food --- WOW!! All of us were over the moon with our food and it was extremely well priced! The Welsh lamb sharer dish was particularly fabulous!

Hats off to the chef!

The rooms --- gorgeous. Very spacious, clean and well presented plus comfy beds!

The service --- AMAZING! Every member of the team at the Coach House that we came across were fantastic, down to earth and couldn't do enough for us.

All in all I'd rate our stay as a solid 10/10 and I'll definitely be returning.

Thanks to everyone at the Coach House for a super weekend..... x

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Fitzy-Lou
Hello!!

Thank you so much for the review! It really was our pleasure having all 13 of you stay with us! All of our staff said how great you all were to look after. This review has been passed onto them all.

It would be great to have you stay with us again.

Thanks once more,

Halifax, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Went to Chester for the day whilst staying in Liverpool to celebrate my birthday and had already decided this is where we would eat as it had been recommended to us numerous times and we weren't disappointed.
I chose the fish and chips and as it was Friday if you order any fish meal you get a glass of Prosecco free, the fish and chips were spot on, Hubby chose the trio of sausage on bubble and squeak again spot on.
It's a lovely place to go for a meal or even just drinks with a lovely atmosphere and great staff.
Will definitely be returning when in Chester next.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Elisher D, Manager at The Coach House Inn, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Hi Lynn!

I am so pleased you loved your birthday meal here at the Coach House. It is always lovely to read such positive reviews so thank you ever so much!

We hope to see you again soon,

The Coach House inn Team
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Just home after a lovely stroll into town and back.
We stopped for lunch here again, and as it was so beautiful outside it was busy.
However, we had a lovely table with a beautiful breeze blowing through the inside.
Yes it was busy, as you would expect on a bank holiday, but what a fab welcome!
I can honestly say this team know how to communicate and the needs of the cutomers are at the front of this!
So, lunch ordered we waited for our lovely lunch and despite being so busy, chef must've been completely in control as we really didnt wait too long.
I love watching people and couldnt help noticing how well the waitress put a mums mind at rest when her young baby became upset.
Fab service, smiling professional staff, which I find so important..........customer service excellent.
Well done team ......

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello,

Wow what a GREAT review!! Thank you so much. I am ever so pleased you enjoyed your time with us and it's always great to show the staff such brilliant feedback.

The Coach House