“In urgent need of money spent”

and 1 more site!
The Coach House Inn
Ranked #5 of 79 Chester B&B and Inns
Bradford, United Kingdom
“In urgent need of money spent”
Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

Second time stopped for weekend .
Both times wedding anniversary .
Stayed in room 2
Commented a year ago about the "wet dog"
Smell in the hallway .
Still hadn't been replaced .
Room 2- next to office , could hear every word .
A bar man was being told off because of his poor attitude .
The carpet is heavily soiled , room much smaller than previous visit .
Was told this was a superior room, I cannot see how .
Breakfast and staff all pleasant and proffesional .
Would we re book for next year.?
Felt let down for the Cost of room.
Wasn't luxury , very tired looking .
Disapointed .
Wouldn't rush back . Will probably look elsewhere .

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank stuart c

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Flintshire
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Went here last week with my wife for some food after shopping in Chester. The restaurant was nearly full at 6pm and they managed to find us a table at the back near the kitchen and the staff were really nice in doing this. Well I was pleasantly surprised! The food was excellent - not word about it, I had the steak burger and it was home made, the chips were home made and lovely and I must say it's as equally as good as the Pant Yr Ochain's burger in Gresford (owners if you are reading this then you must know what I'm talking about - your food is as good as the Pants). My wife had the Shepards Pie and the presentation was lovely and although I'm not a big lamb fan I did try a bit and it was gorgeous! You could just tell it was home made. Lovely lovely lovely - this place definitely on my list for a visit again. So forget your fancy brasseries / wannabe's - go here if your hungry and appreciate good proper homemade food - well done The Coach House!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank virtualmFlintshire
Stockport, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Called in for a bite to eat before driving home to Stockport after an afternoons shopping in Chester, fantastic food, home made pie was delicious and the homemade spicey apple crumble with vanilla custard was to die for, we are going back to shop in Chester again tomorrow just so we can eat there again. Very friendlyvand attentive staff.

• Stayed December 2012
manchester
Reviewed November 28, 2012

This was my third visit to this charming hotel. The staff are very hard working and extremly helpful.
It is ideally situated for either shopping or doing all the lovely sights of Chester,
When we arrived there was a lovely log fire and all decorated for christmas and there was a lovely warm and friendly feel about this lovely hotel.
I have stayed in both the premier and standard rooms and they are all decorated and furnished to avery high standard. The only problem with room one or room five there is a very powerful light on the adjacent building which even in spite of the lovely heaviny lined curtains still shines in and keeps you awake perhaps a black out blind would help.

We were there this time on the £100 for two nights for two people bed and breakfast and this was excellent value for money. A wide menu to choose from at breakfast and something to suit everyones taste. This only works out at £25 per person per night where else would you be able to stay in the heart of the city in such luxurious spacious well appointed rooms.

We dined there on our second night for evening meal and once more there was a wide varied menu all cooked to perfection with a lovely selection of wines and cask ales and once more excellent service from all concerned.

my only critism is that they have now put two dining tables at the side of the lovely log fire and this has reduced the comfortable seating area if you just want to sit and relax after your meal.

Another plus side is that on production of your room key you can get a tea or coffee including lattee and cappucinos at the bar at no charge well done coach house!!

I stayed there in July as one of a party of nine and this was a 65th birthday celebration and we did experience one or two problems regarding the restaurant but on my return I contacted Elisha and she addressed the matter gave a very satisfactory explanation and offered a wonderful invitation for a complimentary meal on our return which we thought very fair. Well done to Elisha ,Dan ,and Christina for doing everything to make our return visit one to remember. We will certainly be back in the new year.

Room Tip: On the back of the hotel as it can get noisy as the clubs close in the early hours
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank carolandRoger
Elisher D, Manager at The Coach House Inn, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear Carol and Roger

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your kind words of praise towards the staff. We welcome any feedback that will help our guests have a pleasant stay. We are looking into purchasing black out blinds for those rooms as we were unaware that the light was so bright, thank you again for bringing this to our attention. We were trying out a new seating area by the log fire but we have had the same feedback from other guests and this is now back to a comfortable and quiet seating area away from the bar. We look forward to seeing you in the New Year.
Stourport on Severn, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I was part of Sam C party and on our returned I e-mailed Eisher, management, who acted very professionally and quickly to resolve my poor experience, thank you. I have stayed at the coach house for the last 3 years celebrating special occasions & have never had experienced a bad stay before which is why I addressed the situation straight away. I will be returning in January, my choice, with friends and am confident that I will experience a fab time just as i have previously. Please note it was one member of the staff who was rude the rest were lovely and helpful, even making me a late coffee. The hotel is ideally located for exploring Chester.

Room Tip: All the rooms are lovely and well decorated but the one's at the back are quieter.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Carol B
Kidderminster, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We stayed here last weekend & upon arrival i was very impressed, lovely atmosphere in the pub, room looked lovely.. despite the scaffolding up around the building! Had a lovely day shopping, came back on the evening & Music was playing VERY loud gone 12am!! So i struggled to get to sleep, then drunken people on the streets were shouting & arguing until very,very early in the morning then a group of people came back VERY drunk, shouting & singing..being silly! I finally managed to fall asleep & workmen directly outside our window started working & being very noisey at 8am!!!! So all in all, i had about an hours sleep!! Being pregnant & supposedly having a nice break away with my sister i was very upset with all this, its very rare i get to go away & was very much looking forward to this weekend away with my mum, her friend & my sister!! The workmen were right outside our window so we couldnt even open our curtains!! We decided to go downstairs to have some breakfast & the service we received off the staff was disgusting!!!! The waitress was very rude!! the teapot had broke & hot water leaked all over the table, our breakfast arrived & the scrambled egg was basically just milk with a few bits of egg floating around..NOT COOKED!!! as i said, i am pregnant & kindly asked the waitress to cook it a bit more, she marched up to the counter, in hearing distance of all the restaurant & told the chef i was "apparently pregnant & wanted it re-done" This embarrassed me & clearly upset me but i didnt react, my sister who is also pregnant with 2 WEEKS LEFT until the baby is due had a sausage that was pink/raw in the middle, very embarrassed she showed the waitress, who again marched up to the counter & told the chef it wasn't cooked, the chef who was very loud said it was cooked to which my sister got very upset & told him she would not be eating it as it wasn't cooked & she was not going to risk anything seeing as she only has 2 weeks left in her pregnancy!! She ended up not having any breakfast at all! My mothers friends sausage was also uncooked.. Breakfast was very disappointing, the staff were very rude & we will definately NOT BE STAYING HERE AGAIN!!!

Room Tip: Do not stay here!!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Samantha C
Elisher D, Manager at The Coach House Inn, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear Samantha

We are sorry to hear that your stay with us at the Coach House was not an enjoyable occasion with your family as it should have been. We are appalled at what we have heard and thank you for bringing it to our attention. We value our customer’s feedback and I can guarantee you that we have fully investigated the whole incident and have taken appropriate action to remedy it. We pride ourselves on ensuring our guests receive excellent service and take our complaints very seriously. We look forward to seeing you in January 2013.
Newcastle-under-Lyme
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Stayed here on a Tuesday night as a mid week break in Chester. My wife and I were pleased with everything except our sleep, which was disturbed by the many comings and goings of other guests, passing revellers and early morning deliveries and bottle collections. I guess this is the price of staying in an old building in the city centre.

That said, the rest of our stay was faultless, the Coach House is a beautiful building, serving superb food and drink at great value. We took advantage of "the hundred club", a mid week special which for £100 gives you a well appointed double room with excellent facilities, a fabulous breakfast, two course gourmet quality evening meal and free tea and coffee during your stay.

The staff are outstanding, very friendly and nothing too much trouble. Dan, who looked after us on arrival, was like a friend you hadn't met before.

So, if you want a great value, quality hotel and eaterie right in the centre of Chester I reccomend the Coach House, just take some earplugs if you are a light sleeper. Another point to note is; expect to pay for car parking.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple