“Best selection of well kept ale in Chester”
Review of The Brewery Tap

The Brewery Tap
Ranked #19 of 569 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Traditional British style pub set in a wonderful historic location offering great value local food and ales in warm and friendly surroundings
Reviewed March 17, 2014

If you can't find a beer you like in here, you might as well stay at home.

Fabulous ale selection, with something for every palate. This beer is clearly looked after by people who know what they are doing.

Staff are smiley, pleasant and 'easy on the eye'.

In the words of Arnie..... I'll be back.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

I went for lunch with a friend and this was our second visit. The place itself is quite unique and if you like beer it has a good selection. However we stuck to wine which was good and quite well priced. The one dissapointment was the food we both had the steak pie one of which appeared to have a lot of meat in the other unfortunately had very little. The chips however were the worst I have ever tasted, in fact I would not call them chips - more like overdone large potato wedges (skin on!). This always worries me as I wonder how well scrubbed the potatoes are considering all the pesticides that are used nowadays.

My final comment is that the young staf who were behind the bar ans serving the food are delightful,

Reviewed March 11, 2014

I was looking forward to my meal here having studied the menu on the last couple of visits without eating and seeing the plates of food being delivered to fellow customers but I was disappointed with what I ordered. I went for the boiled bacon and pigs trotter but had to ask where the pigs trotter was. It turned out it was the scraps of meat on the plate which were hardly noticeable when I was expecting an actual pigs trotter. I think the menu should be clearer on what the dish actually is to avoid disappointment.
I ordered a side dish of cauliflower cheese which was very watery. And also the boiled bacon was quite salty. All in all the meal didn't live up to my expectations. My husband had the meat pie which he said was nothing special just a stew with a pastry lid.

Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

We went in for drinks and stayed for lunch. Fabulous sausage and mash and steak and ale pie. Enjoyable atmosphere and beer extremely good. Staff pleasant and well organised. Will definitely return for both beer and food. Great atmosphere in quint surroundings.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

Loved this restaurant. Great food from a menu that included some unusual choices. Selections that my 'in laws' reconized were popular in the UK just after the Second World War.
Good choice of real ales....lovely building with loads of character...friendly staff and all at a reasonable price.What more could you ask for !!!!!!!