“Lovely food & good service”

Cafe Rouge - Chester
Ranked #38 of 570 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: French
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Situated on Bridge Street, the historic heart of this picturesque city, Café Rouge Chester has a beautiful Parisian-inspired interior, we have the perfect setting in which to meet friends or just unwind over a glass of your favourite. With a fantastic menu filled with delicious innovative takes on the classics and dishes inspired by different regions of France, there's something to suit everyone.
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Decided to go to cafe rouge as a few other restaurants were fully booked...were seated at a table of our choice..service was quick...food & drinks were good, although didn't fill my partner, it was enough for me...good value,, would visit again, maybe during the day...

Reviewed February 21, 2014

I dine here about once a month or more with friends and the staff are brilliant, very friendly and helpful which is the main reason I keep coming back. The food is great too (which helps!) and the atmosphere is always good. I am never aware that it is part of a "chain" as the staff behave as though it is "their" restaurant - they are really motivated, especially Graeme who looked a treat in Red Nose outfit of Egyptian slave - loved those legs!!!!!,

Reviewed February 10, 2014

It was packed to the rafters - usually a good sign, and so it proved to be. Lovely atmosphere on a cold wintry Saturday afternoon.

I chose the set menu - 2 courses for £9.99 .....great value and very tasty food. It came fairly quickly, given the amount of diners at the time, that was pretty good. Staff friendly and well presented.

Would not hesitate to return on another visit to Chester. I have become a fan of Cafe Rouge, albeit a chain, but they do offer quality and value.

I can highly recommend Cafe Rouge, Chester.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

I love good food but also like good service, well Cafe Rouge in Chester had both when 18 of us went for a meal last night. The young man & young girl met all our expectations. Anything we asked for we got with a smile. They had really great people skills. I, like other reviewers are not a great lover of chains as the staff usually could not care less but this restaurant obviously train their staff to a high standard . We were quite demanding all wanting different things but the food & service were excellent.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

We had a lovely lunch here on Saturday with a great big welcome. It was quite full but we sat down immediately and had efficient and pleasant service. The food was lovely, a chicken baguette and a steak baguette and 2 glasses of wine. Really good. It cost about £20. The baguettes came with fries so there was plenty to eat. The best bit, and I always think this is more important than the food, was the pleasant service. It wasn't over the top either just nice.