“Really impressed with number three....” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Barlounge

Barlounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Barlounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 548 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: British, Bar, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Barlounge is a cocktail bar and restaurant located in Chester City Centre Open daily from 11.30am until late, we offer our guests the opportunity to drink, dine and socialise in informal surroundings. Relax in the bar, catch up with friends on our sun terrace (heated & covered in winter) or enjoy a meal in the restaurant - there's something to suit everyone on any occasion. Late night snack menu is also available from 11pm till late.
“Really impressed with number three....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

Having eaten at both upstairs at the grill and hickorys smokehouse we decided to give the third of the trilogy a try. Funny how each is quite different and yet similar in many ways. Obviously their attention to detail is great with each venu spotless and providing welcome little additional touches. Upstairs at the grill gets the top billing and whilst the food was good there were some things that proved an affectation too far for me. However I would say that barlounge was a combination of simple yet great food and, certainly on the night we were there, absolutely excellent service and in a buzzy but not overwhelming atmosphere. Really enjoyed it here and am looking forward to visiting again. Soon I hope!

Chester
“Great as usual”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

Had a lovely little mezze of their small dishes, crumpets with Welsh rarebit, three mini beef burgers and cauliflower cheese. Husband had sausage roll, sticky sausages and the crumpets.

Lovely as usual.

Also recently been for cocktails was excellent then too

Wirral
“Stylish dining experience in the heart of Chester”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

Bar Lounge restaurant is only small but don't let that put you off. Its very well decorated and serves a range of well presented cocktails and tasty dishes!

I'd booked a table for 15 and the staff couldn't be more helpful I received a text to confirm my booking and a courtesy call on the day of the meal to confirm whether I had more or less people coming.

I ordered the fish of the day which was delicious and really light, leaving me room to tuck into their fabulous chocolate fudge cake which really was something special.

Prices are reasonable, I had three courses and a couple of drinks which didn't break the bank!

If you're planning a celebration or a night out this is the perfect place for some good food and cocktails. Plus its central to most bars!

Chester, United Kingdom
“Small selection for vegetarians but a lovely dining experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

I went to Barlounge with a few friends for my 25th birthday celebration. The restaurant is small but very well designed and has a very good mood to the place. Staff were very friendly, prices were reasonable and staff were very friendly. A table of 15 of us had a bill of £310, including drinks which I think is reasonable considering most of us had 3 courses. I am a vegetarian and found the menu a bit lacking. I ordered the mushroom burger, however instead I wish I would've had ordered the cheese and leek tart that was available.

Try to book your table in the early evening as after 9pm this bar/restaurant can get very busy! We went at 630pm and it was a perfect time.

Chester, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

We popped in on a Sunday for a quick bite to eat and a drink. We both had a house burger which was excellent. Great surroundings and friendly service.