“Small selection for vegetarians but a lovely dining experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Barlounge

Barlounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Barlounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 554 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: British, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Drinks, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Barlounge is a cocktail bar and restaurant located in Chester City Centre Open daily from 11.30am until late, we offer our guests the opportunity to drink, dine and socialise in informal surroundings. Relax in the bar, catch up with friends on our sun terrace (heated & covered in winter) or enjoy a meal in the restaurant - there's something to suit everyone on any occasion. Late night snack menu is also available from 11pm till late.
Chester, United Kingdom
“Small selection for vegetarians but a lovely dining experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

I went to Barlounge with a few friends for my 25th birthday celebration. The restaurant is small but very well designed and has a very good mood to the place. Staff were very friendly, prices were reasonable and staff were very friendly. A table of 15 of us had a bill of £310, including drinks which I think is reasonable considering most of us had 3 courses. I am a vegetarian and found the menu a bit lacking. I ordered the mushroom burger, however instead I wish I would've had ordered the cheese and leek tart that was available.

Try to book your table in the early evening as after 9pm this bar/restaurant can get very busy! We went at 630pm and it was a perfect time.

Chester, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

We popped in on a Sunday for a quick bite to eat and a drink. We both had a house burger which was excellent. Great surroundings and friendly service.

Cullompton, United Kingdom
“A delight again.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

I had previously been to Barlounge in Chester and when I was training some colleagues recently, I knew that this was the place to go for the evening. I booked on the phone, and was greeted efficiently and courteously, I had a courtesy call on the afternoon to confirm numbers. We were greeted and made most welcome when we arrived. The food selection was great and it tasted good too. Service was excellent. Really as it should be when you are hosting ten colleagues.
Well done.

• Visited February 2013
Llandudno, United Kingdom
“great cigars and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

my wife and i have been to bar lounge many times always had a good time.ate there recently food was good we had the steak platter copious amounts of wine finished off with a big 'ole cigar....nice...only to stagger off to the grosvenor for the night great end to a good night.

• Visited January 2013
Golborne, England, United Kingdom
“Fabulous Drinks Menu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

We only went to Bar Lounge for drinks however the service was amazing. We stood at the bar expecting to order our drinks their however we were told straight away by the lovely staff that we should take a seat at a table and they would take our drink orders. They had a wide range of drinks on offer including cocktails & champagne. Service was efficient and we didn't have to leave our seats once as the staff were very attentive and kept coming back to our table to see if we wanted anything else to drink.