“amazing food, service and atmosphere”

Simon Radley at The Chester Grosvenor
Ranked #30 of 573 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Simon Radley at The Chester Grosvenor, has held a Michelin star for nineteen years running ��� surely a record outside of London. Under the direction of Executive Chef Simon Radley the exceptional modern British menu changes seasonally and uses only the finest ingredients. The cellar is also renowned, having one thousand bins and a sommelier of prodigious knowledge. The dining room itself is as dashing as you would expect with comfy chairs, oriental carpets, fine woods, original artwork, ebony pillars and many-layered tones of gold and taupe. The service is distinguished by its warmth and professionalism. Top marks.
Reviewed March 27, 2014

just about perfect maybe the portions could be a bit bigger. its not cheap but worth every penny. ate there 3 nights in a row

Reviewed March 16, 2014

This is my number one choice for dinner anywhere. I love everything about it, the perfect service, the food, the wine, everything. I always want to take my loved ones here, because I know they would absolutely love it. The food paired with wines never fails to make me tear up just a little with joy because they work so well together, I also always so enjoy the explanations from (I think its Gary) his enthusiasm and knowledge of the wine is a real treat.
I am lucky enough to have eaten here quite a few times over the years, and hope to do so for plenty of years more.

1  Thank Fyberspates
Reviewed March 7, 2014

We went to Simon Radley at the Grosvenor last night. We had the taster menu with was fantastic. We also had the matched wines, although some of the wine I wouldn't of pick out they really complemented the gorgeous food. The staff were excellent and the restaurant manager Attila Tornyi attention to detail was second to none. Attila is a real asset to the restaurant. We will certainly be returning again.

1  Thank Suzychester
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Classy without being overly pretentious, I found the valentines tasting menu to be a very enjoyable culinary journey. Would definitely recommend!

1  Thank Barns1989
Reviewed February 22, 2014

We had an excellent evening to celebrate our weddding anniversary., with the Tasting menu. The food and the attention to detail were what you would expect from a Michelin 2 star restaurant. Nothing to criticise!