“Great Staff and great food”
Review of Moules A Go Go - - CLOSED

Moules A Go Go -
Cuisines: European, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Though the name might conjure up images of dancing mussels, Chester’s Moules A Go-Go is a class act. Focusing on modern European-style cuisine, the restaurant is done up in rich, continental-style woods giving it a contemporary yet relaxed feel. Steak frites, fresh fish and rotisserie cooked meats all grace the a la carte menu, but you’d be foolish to miss some of the freshest mussels this side of the ocean. Brought fresh from the Anglesey cost, they’re freshly steamed in one of four ways: classique, mariniere, chorizo or green Thai cury. Friday and Saturday’s also sees the popular grilled lobster meals in, and a surf and turf with a rib eye steak and 1/2 a grilled lobster is a steal at £15.95.
Bolton
“Great Staff and great food”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

We have been here a few times now and always come when we visit Chester. The Manageress remembered me, (my mobility scooter had run out of puff on one occasion and she charged it up for me).
We chose the deal of the day. Two courses and half a bottle of wine for £17. Can't beat that. We mixed up the starters so we could share. Both delicious and obviously cooked by a Chef. A must for me, I do not want to eat what I could do better at home. The mussels were good, as usual.
One downside to look out for if you are disabled is that the toilets are upstairs. It is an old building so make sure you go before you go....
The music in the background could have been better.

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“chester racecourse for anniversary (54yrs)”
Reviewed April 5, 2014

dined here two consequetive evenings.Excellent food, friendly, attentive staff, great décor only one problem, commented on by another diner that was awful music. Cetainly not conducive to relaxed eating. I suggest something more like "piano-bar"background or Yvette Horner and her accordion.

Southport
“Mussels galore!”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

My partner has never had mussels before so we decided on 'moules a go go' because they have so many variations and you can either have them as a starter or main course. We went for them as starters so that he could try them without sacrificing his main course and they were pretty decent. I had a brioche burger with blue cheese for my main course mushroom sauce. We finished it off with a big ice cream dessert of my partner, so really pigged it. We had a bottle of wine and the overall bill came to roughly £70. I've read a few reviews complaining about the service but we had a lovely waitress who was attentive without being in your face.

1 Thank Stella H
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food but poor service”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Excellent food but let down by very inattentive waiting staff who left us waiting in between courses for 30-40minutes without checking to see if we were OK for drinks and informing us of the hold ups.for both courses I had to personally get up to get their attention as they were too busy chatting to each other...big let down to an otherwise lovely meal

• Visited March 2014
chester
“Excellent once again...”
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Once again and amazing experience in this fab place. Seafood spagetti ...was absolutely fantastic. The ham hock special with apple jam was divine. Service was spot on with just the right amount of attention, the restaurant was very busy and the atmoshere was great.

• Visited March 2014