“I'd rather give birth to a chair than eat here again.”
Review of Moules A Go Go - - CLOSED

Moules A Go Go -
Cuisines: European, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Though the name might conjure up images of dancing mussels, Chester’s Moules A Go-Go is a class act. Focusing on modern European-style cuisine, the restaurant is done up in rich, continental-style woods giving it a contemporary yet relaxed feel. Steak frites, fresh fish and rotisserie cooked meats all grace the a la carte menu, but you’d be foolish to miss some of the freshest mussels this side of the ocean. Brought fresh from the Anglesey cost, they’re freshly steamed in one of four ways: classique, mariniere, chorizo or green Thai cury. Friday and Saturday’s also sees the popular grilled lobster meals in, and a surf and turf with a rib eye steak and 1/2 a grilled lobster is a steal at £15.95.
“I'd rather give birth to a chair than eat here again.”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I had the 'famous' mussels. They were TINY. Bought in bulk from Costco no doubt. Each mussel had so much grit in it. The grains were as big as sand so I knew they hadn't been washed properly.

Very poor cocktail menu.

Overpriced for the quality of the food. £15 for a vegetarian curry is actually preposterous. The clientelle were the 'Ben Sherman and skin head' demographic. Not a nice atmosphere.

Don't waste your time. Or money. Better off going to a family run business.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Chiccj

London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very good, but surprisingly not for mussels!”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

My family visited for lunch, and it was a lovely experience. I especially like the fact that the children's meals were proper food and not junk, as they often are. I ordered the mussels because the name of the restaurant implied they would be good. Unfortunately they were not. Small and very gritty. My husband had a burger, and I admit I was envious of his food - the burger looked lovely.

Two of the children had chicken, chips and broccoli, which was very good. My older daughter ordered mussels (I thought it was great that they were on the children's menu!) because she has always loved them - although here she didn't. But the staff quite happily went to get her a chicken meal instead and this arrived quickly.

As I had read that there were nintendos for the children while they waited for their food I thought it might be fun to ask for them. However 2 ninendos arrives only just before the food and only one of them worked, so I think this is something that possibly shouldn't be offered. I would have preferred some crayons and pictures for colouring in.

Because we had ordered 4 children's meals in all, we had to eat one of the children's desserts ourselves - gorgeous white chocolate and raspberry ice cream - we were very happy!

So all in all, an excellent lunch out, and very reasonably priced. We will definltey be back. Just avoid the mussels!

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Very nice lunch”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We had lunch here on a wet and windy Saturday. It was a busy place, the food was excellent and the service very friendly and efficient. The Seafood Spaghetti was exceptionally good. Mains with wine and tip £50.00. We will be back.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Walton2
Chester
“Never disappoints”
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

What can I say, for a restaurant not particularly know for their steak always fab and cooked beautifully and lovely house red wine. Staff always very attentive.

England
“Wine Tasting Evening”
Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

I haven't been to this restaurant for years. I certainly won't wait that long to go again.

What a lovely night! Excellent value for money, the atmosphere was great, with a fun fashion show, band, a two course meal, and 6 different wines, to enjoy and review. Unbelievable value for £24.95

The seafood pasta dish was lovely, so much seafood, which is a nice change to the minuscule amount you get in a lot of seafood dishes.

Really looking forward to our next visit. A little gem in Chester.