“Excellent lunch menu”
Review of Moules A Go Go - - CLOSED

Moules A Go Go -
Cuisines: European, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Though the name might conjure up images of dancing mussels, Chester’s Moules A Go-Go is a class act. Focusing on modern European-style cuisine, the restaurant is done up in rich, continental-style woods giving it a contemporary yet relaxed feel. Steak frites, fresh fish and rotisserie cooked meats all grace the a la carte menu, but you’d be foolish to miss some of the freshest mussels this side of the ocean. Brought fresh from the Anglesey cost, they’re freshly steamed in one of four ways: classique, mariniere, chorizo or green Thai cury. Friday and Saturday’s also sees the popular grilled lobster meals in, and a surf and turf with a rib eye steak and 1/2 a grilled lobster is a steal at £15.95.
Reviewed July 31, 2013

This restaurant was recommended to us when we recently visited Chester - what a superb menu! The weather was amazing so we enjoyed lunch outside and went from the lunch menu. Fantastic salads, succulent mussels and tasty squid dishes. The service friendly and attentive. Excellent value for money - with two courses for a set price. Portion sizes were good and the Thai mussels were delicious! Well worth trying especially for a leisurely lunch.

Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

I have visited this restaurant twice in the past month and have already sampled all of the vegetarian options (2). The leek and saffron risotto I had on my first visit had a nice texture but lacked flavour. The following time I had the vegetarian curry which was nice, full of flavour and the portion size was huge - great value for money. My partner had the rump steak which he said was flavoursome and cooked as ordered and the Anglesey mussels which he won't be ordering again - huge portion size but lacking in taste.

What had us going back the second time was the Staropramen beer which can't be found in many places - delicious! However due to the lack of veggie options we probably won't be returning.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

I have to say that when we received an invitation to dine here, I was fearful my options were going to be limited to mussels. A sneak peek at their online menu allayed all fears, and a comprehensive array if dishes emerged. Some of our group had the afore motioned mussels and were impressed, so clearly it's something they do well. Others enjoyed some of the perfectly cooked steaks on offer, whilst I experienced a fabulous chicken and sweet potatoe combination. Overall the food was superb, staff attentive and company amazing. Can't wait to return and repeat the experience.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

This is the first time I've had a meal here and it was a Spanish food and wine tasting event. The food was brilliant and there was plenty wine. There was a 'Spanish' show but it didn't look very Spanish really, I wasn't really sure what it was about! Perhaps other evenings (French, etc) are different.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

We visited on a wednesday night and selected from the 2 course menu that came with half a bottle of wine per person. The food was excellent and served by friendly staff. The meal was excellent quality and good value for the money. My wife opted for a main course of mussels which she was delighted with.