“Consistently great food - good for gluten free”
Review of Moules A Go Go - - CLOSED

Moules A Go Go -
Cuisines: European, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Though the name might conjure up images of dancing mussels, Chester’s Moules A Go-Go is a class act. Focusing on modern European-style cuisine, the restaurant is done up in rich, continental-style woods giving it a contemporary yet relaxed feel. Steak frites, fresh fish and rotisserie cooked meats all grace the a la carte menu, but you’d be foolish to miss some of the freshest mussels this side of the ocean. Brought fresh from the Anglesey cost, they’re freshly steamed in one of four ways: classique, mariniere, chorizo or green Thai cury. Friday and Saturday’s also sees the popular grilled lobster meals in, and a surf and turf with a rib eye steak and 1/2 a grilled lobster is a steal at £15.95.
Reviewed April 1, 2013

This place just keeps giving great food at very reasonable prices. We managed to get squeezed in at the lat moment but told we could only have the table for 2 hours which was fine by us. The ladies couldn't decide which wine to go for so the waitress brought out the 2 they were contemplating and gave a quick taste of both. For starters we ordered the humus plater and they also brought me some gluten free bread which is good to know for people who need GF. 3 of us had mussels for the main, I had the green Thai curry option which worked really well as I thought it may have too much coconut milk but the stock was quite thin but nicely spiced. My wife had the sea bass which was excellent. The French fries were a bit soggy and I noticed this problem mentioned on a previous review but overall a great meal. They also do a good menu on a Sunday with 2 courses for £11 which is great value.

There are newer reviews for Moules A Go Go -

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Myself and my wife visited here for our first wedding anniversary on 30th March 2013. I had pre booked via the website for 18.30 we arrived 10 minutes early after confirming our reservation we were seated next to the stairs in a smallish area but after moving the table a little bit it was ok. We were given menus upon being seated and then drinks were taken by one waitress,delivered by a waiter and the food was taken by a different waitress not a major problem but could have caused confusion on who is dealing with our table. We ordered the Frito Misto which is a shared starter of prawns,salmon,squid and crabcakes this is a very small starter for the price it costs £12.50, for our mains we both had mussels I had Anglesey (leeks,bacon and cream) and my wife had Italian (basil,white wine and pesto) I had frites my wife had bread. My mussels were cooked the frites were soggy and limp not the nicest my wife had to disguard 6 of hers as they weren't open and that's probably normal but didn't help overall. While the food is ok and cooked its not jumping out at me and taking my breath away it was just mussels while the service is acceptable IMO it is below average.

Also the tags on trip advisor state this restaurant is child friendly well I disagree as there are no baby changing facilities available while I wasn't whit my children on my visit the fact there are no facilities for young children (children between 6 months and 3 years old) isn't acceptable as my child can eat but were do I change his nappy if you have a kids menu you should have nappy changing facilities.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Found this place while wandering about Chester, delicious crab & melon salad & moules (of course). Helpful smiley staff, good service, reasonable prices, clean attractive decor. Would definitely recommend it.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Stopped for lunch in the snow. Lovely setting and the restaurant is very relaxing and beautifully decorated. Two course lunch and a bottle of wine all for £39, which we thought was amazing value. Just disappointed that were weren't there for Lobster Friday! We would definitely return when we are next in Chester.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

My partner & I decided to give Moules A Go Go...A go go, on a recent visit to Chester ! It was a last minute phone booking on a Saturday night for 8:30pm which is good to know that they was still tables available if you're too looking for a last minute booking like we were ! On arrival we was seated quickly & served promptly as well ! The restaurant wasn't too full but had enough people in for an 'atmosphere' though, which is always good ^^ We was seated on the large couch style seat against the wall which kinda 'groups' you up with others, if that bothers anyone who's not a fan of eating too close for comfort...or you have nosey neighbours spying on your food orders as we did haha....but neverless no harm done or intended ^^ You can always ask to be moved after all !

This seating did offer a view into the kitchen though & a view back from the kitchen from the Chefs which did seem to feel like they was watching you eat (maybe wondering if you like the food...or otherwise ;])

Anyway the food was good, but not amazing, the best parts of both meals was the complementing sauces IMO (Mushroom sauce with the chicken dish that is & classic sauce with the moules FYI)

Service was on hand at all times, fast & friendly. Worth a visit if in Chester & your a fan of...moules of course !

To note this restaurant is located up the stairs above the lower shops (this will make sense if you're stood outside lost haha - Green sign with a purple 'M' for the restaurant as well)

PS Nice decor !