“Don't go on Chester Races Day!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
East Glory Chinese & Asian Restaurant
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Seating
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Seating
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Don't go on Chester Races Day!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2012

We booked this restaurant because it looked quiet and cosy. We were wrong! we went on Chester Races Day and were seated next to a rowdy group of men who were drunk. However, the staff were really nice when we asked to be moved. The food is nice for the price you pay.

Visited June 2012

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolutely awful.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2012

I had the same problem as another reviewer. I had a one hour and forty five minute wait for my take away, the delivery driver was extremely rude and quite offensive to me and my partner, the food was cold and looked uncooked and was a terrible waste of my money and time. Avoid at all costs! There are better places to get food poisoning!

1 Thank djishema
New Tupton, United Kingdom
“Avoid.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2012

Told 45 minutes for delivery and took an hour and a half to be delivered by an extremely rude and offensive man, no offer of discount for the delay, and no reply from the manager after emailing a complaint. The food wasn’t half as good as from other establishments either, overall a massive dissapointment. Avoid.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank LikeClockwork00
Perth, United Kingdom
“if only our internet had worked”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2012

Staying in Chester for only one night ,decided to go out for a meal ,not being able to get an internet connection was our downfall ,we normally check out reviews on places to eat before we go out ,resulting in a poor choice tonight ,atmosphere nil ,waitress was attentive and helpfull ,food was dissapointing rice was stodgy ,and does not even merit an average rating.

• Visited January 2012
Chester, United Kingdom
“NEVER EAT IN OR ORDER A TAKEAWAY FROM HERE,”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2011

We never eat in this restaurant as the service is so slow however decided to order a take away tonight as they advised it would be ready to pick up in 30 mins (90) if we wanted delivery.

Ordered 2 starters and 2 mains and went to collect. The young lady at the counter was very nice and polite so everything looked good.

Unfortunately when I got home one of the main courses were missing. I then rang East Glory to advise them that they'd missed a dish in which the Manager advised I come back to pick up my main. I asked for some
compensation if I went back to collect as the other food would get cold and he refused.

I went back to pick it up and when I arrived there the same girl from earlier was there and was just as nice as earlier. I said I'd just spoken to a gentleman about a missing dish and she just went to get some money out of the till. I said to her that I wanted my dish in which she replied that the Manager had told her to just refund the value of that dish. I asked to speak to the Manager.

When the Manager come out he was brash, dismissive and wouldn't give me my missing dish. He just slammed some cash on the counter and said it was a refund.

I then tried to apologise to a diner that was close by but the Manager
rushed from behind his counter and grabbed hold of my arm.

I had to go home to cold starters and share the main with my partner. Disgrace with no customer service skills.

Needless to say I won't be going back and would recommend you to use another Chinese restaurant or takeaway if you are looking in Chester.

2 Thank LauraB1982