Open today: 10:30 AM - 5:00 PM

Martin C
Chester, United Kingdom
via mobile
Lovely afternoon tea

We booked Booth Mansion for a baby shower and the room was perfect! Big tables, music and nice... read more

Reviewed 5 days ago

from $21.10
from $9.90
from $10.60
More Info
All reviews afternoon tea watergate street grand piano beautiful room monkey bread fruit scones baby shower piano music free cake golden wedding anniversary sweet selection english breakfast tea superb afternoon chelsea bun ladies who lunch sweet items comfortable sofas
Reviewed 5 days ago via mobile

We came here for a birthday party a couple of weeks before and they were so helpful and accommodating with our special dietary requirements that we decided to come back. The food is delicious with a lovely balance of savoury and sweet. The setting is a elegant ballroom, perfect for special occasions but we now plan to go even if it isn't a special occasion! The prices are very reasonable for the amount and range of food you get in the afternoon tea.

1  Thank Martin C
Reviewed 5 days ago via mobile

We booked Booth Mansion for a baby shower and the room was perfect! Big tables, music and nice decor!
The food was delicious, the hot savoury food was my favourite! Food came out all together and was hot and presented very well! The cakes were also delicious and plenty of them!
I would recommend the afternoon tea here the only thing I didn’t like was the £1 charge for coffee. Coffee isn’t particularly more expensive than tea and most people only drink one or the other, when the afternoon tea is £22.50 I think this added charge is unreasonable.

1  Thank Hannahwilt4
Reviewed 6 days ago

After much time spent choosing a location that met everyone’s requirements, we found Booth Mansion and can honestly say it was a great choice.
We were a group of 12 celebrating my mother in laws 80th Birthday and had very specific dietary requirements which they were more than happy to accommodate.
The staff were friendly, the food delicious with a perfect mix of sweet and savoury items and the room was large and spacious.
Would definitely recommend and one of our party even returned a few weeks later for her birthday treat.

1  Thank Cookies07
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Had the most amazing baby shower at Booth Mansion.
The food was absolutely fantastic handmade pastries sweet and savoury beautiful freshly made cakes could not ask for more.
Staff were brilliant so attentive could not do enough for you then to have the piano playing in the background was just lovely.
Place was really busy, so will definitely be booking again soon.
Thank you for a great afternoon and taking care of us.

1  Thank Getaway20023223620
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Organised a baby shower for a friend at Booth Mansion and had a wonderful time there. Sue and her staff are all lovely and welcoming (even though we had to rearrange a number of times). Excellent fresh homemade food, one of the best afternoon tea's I've ever had (and I've had quite a few over the years), brilliant selection of sweet and savory. The tea room itself has a wonderful ambience (especially when the pianist is playing). Will definately be returning soon, thank you for a lovely afternoon.

1  Thank Susannah M
Reviewed 1 week ago

Had an early Afternoon Tea here on Wednesday, with my 5 year old granddaughter, before going to the Storyhouse. Lovely experience for her which she found enchanting. Definitely recommend the Jitterbug afternoon tea for a young lady! Mine was pretty good too! Give it a try, we’ll worth a visit!

1  Thank Mobile63038180187
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Popped in here unplanned for a quick bite to eat to keep us going. Very s p a c I o u s when not many folk in, high ceilings and sparse layout. That said, food was nice, and staff friendly so an interesting stop for refreshment!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

It’s the nicest place I’ve been for afternoon tea, we had a variety of sandwiches , warm small pies and sausage rolls all hand baked with salad , fresh fruit, mini cakes , fruit scones with strawberry jam and cream all beautifully presented . We had tea , coffee , and as it was a special occasion two bottles of bubbles it was fabulous darling s and well worth it thankyou so much to Sue and her team your all wonderful x x ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

1  Thank 7757l
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We were delighted to choose Booth Mansion for a Surprise 70th Birthday Celebration. Sue and her team could not have been more accommodating. The setting was charming and the food delicious. Such a very special family day!
Thank you, Booth Mansion, for helping our family make memories!

1  Thank Vacationer416954
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I booked ahead after reading all the ‘amazing’ reviews. We arrived Tuesday 23/10, the only customers in there for half of our time. That said, service was extremely slow. Being the only couple in there meant we could hear the microwave repeatedly being used. The food arrives, oddly not on a stand but a serving tray, not a problem. The ham was not good quality, egg mayo is egg mayo and the cheese and onion not great. I’ll point out we each got one finger of the sandwich option. There was four chooses of pastries. I would strongly sugges all pastries are shop bought. Hence, we could hear the microwave bing on repeat. I didn’t like the pastry.

I pointed out to my husband trip advisor rated this as the 4th place to visit in Chester. At the time I couldn’t get signal to prove it. I later did and he couldn’t believe it. We fell about laughing. However, the sweet choose was better, lots of chopped fresh fruit.

1  Thank Global213460