“mediocre.”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 9, 2012

a very nice enviroment,disabled friendly and if you sit in certain areas they have tv in the booth were you sit staff are very pleasant it is a hungry horse pub but the meal did not reflect this it was more like a childs meal, the bar staff were very friendly.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

soggy chips tepid steak chicken like cardboard go home..

1  Thank chopper16
Reviewed April 26, 2012

The Yatch is ituated on the Chester High Road making it easily accessible for people from all parts of the Wirral and Deeside. An old pub this is now part of the Hungry Horse chain and is very much a sell it cheap and get more people in type of place. On our visit we took advantage of the 2 main meals for £8.49. Although the portions were not huge they were certainly adequate and freshly cooked. Our starter was soup and it was hot, and tasty and definitely not out of a packet!!! There was a slight delay with the desserts but again they were piping hot and very tasty. The Manager was helping out in all areas of the pub and it was nice to see 'the boss' doing a variety of jobs rather than just supervising!!!! The surroundings are pleasant enough but when you consider we had a 3 course meal and a drink each for a total of £20 you can't expect the Ritz!!!!

2  Thank sparklybarkly
Reviewed March 25, 2012

I visited the yacht on my way back from a day in chester with my friends. It was in a lovely setting and everone in the group commented on how nice it would be in the summer to go and sit out in the beer garden.
We walked in and picked our seats and took out the menu, slightly sticky i have to say but nothing to complain too much about. We picked our meals (very good deals may I add) and then went up to order, There was quite a large queue and the poor staff on the tills looked very over worked and tired! but still when we got to the front they greeted us with a smile and were very polite. so far so good.
When the meals arrived, after quite a long wait, we were surprised at the portion size of the 'big plate specials' as they looked like they would comfortably fitted on a normal size plate, so a little disappointment there. We finished our meals and the waiter took our plates and offered us more drinks and puddings. we took him up on the drinks and all ordered. When he came back with our drinks he spilt one of them on my friends lap. although he appologised there was no offer of a new drink even though half of her drink was now sitting in her lap and on the floor! we later found out that this was the manager when we mentioned it at the bar. I found this shocking as he was in no way bothered about replacing it when we had told him. I probably wouldnt go back as it was a bit of a disappointment after visiting other hungry horse venues.

1  Thank guppy f
Reviewed February 24, 2012

Dined during the day, the bar man/waiter was friendly and courteous and the interior featuring booths fitted with t.v's is pleasant and very family friendly. Yes our menus were very sticky! But i enjoyed my steak (cooked the way I wished) and my prawns were lovely! Good value there. My husband liked his burger but really didn't like his chips. Also the music needs to be toned down a notch, I'm young and enjoy modern music but only in bars/clubs otherwise keep it low!