“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Red House - CLOSED

The Red House
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Boasting stunning views over the River Dee from the glass-concealed dining room, Et Alia at The Red House offers a sophisticated Mediterranean menu with international accents. A state of the art restaurant in Chester, cutting-edge design throughout includes terraced decking pods, Andrew Muirhead leather furnishings, and cool LED mood lighting. Et Alia at The Red House is a fashionable local favourite for a refined 3-course meal, elegant lunches, and stunning Bar.
Chester
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

We recently dined at The Red House with a group of friends and had a great time. As we don’t often get the chance to catch up together we wanted to make sure we had a special meal in great surroundings – we were not disappointed!

The food was delicious and skilfully prepared with everyone enjoying their choices. Myself, I had the scallops (which were cooked to perfection) followed the game pudding (tasty!) and the cheese board (good selection with great accompaniments – banana cake and soused celery!). On top of this we were all well looked after by friendly and attentive staff and further spoilt with the amazing view out across the river Dee and beyond!

We’ll all be back again - very soon!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank D1611

Chester, United Kingdom
“Disappointing Sunday lunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

I took my elderly mother and my daughter for Sunday lunch although it is a lovely setting even in the winter , the food was very disappointing and even my elderly mother said there was not much on the plate for a Sunday dinner and it was not very hot 2 slices of carrot a small portion of cauliflower and 2slices of courgette hardly constitutes a good Sunday roast. We did mention it to the taff but they just said 'oh sorry'

Visited February 2013
Chester, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“So much more than a view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

This place is known for its view over the river Dee, it is beautiful but there is so much more to this restaurant, the food is great, the surf and turf was my choice and was fantastic while my wife went for the salmon, I didn't try hers but she said it was the best salmon she has eaten for a long time. The food took a good fifteen minutes to come but that was just reassuring that it is obviously made fresh and not preprepared. The staff were very polite and helpful too, while not being in your face all the time but still being attentive.
All in all, superb! I can see why it was so highly recommended to me.

1 Thank Andrew P
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“Wonderful birthday experiance”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

My family, friends, my wife and I all had different meals all were excellent. My wife, a very fussy eater was catered for and enjoyed her meal. The waiter Kevin was entertaining I think he met his match with me, he was hard working and nothing was too much trouble for him. Great atmosphere, good location, pleasant and clean surroundings. The manager made himself known to us and he was very pleasant.

1 Thank Derek G
Southampton, United Kingdom
“lovely dining experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

My husband and I came to The Red House and were amazed by the stunning location and decor and ambience! We enjoyed a delicious meal and would highly recommend this delightful restaurant