“Delightful B&B”

Shenley Lodge
Shenley Lodge
Ranked #30 of 45 Hotels in Chester
Reviewed May 6, 2014

This place is lovely! So peaceful and the owners so friendly and helpful. It's great value for money and not too far from Chester town centre. Clean and comfortable and I would certainly stay here again and recommend to others.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Stayed for one night while we visited the zoo. We were made very welcome with a a lovely coffee on arrival from Angela. The room was very nice, spacious and clean and the breakfast was excellant. Would highly recommend this hotel and hope to stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 8, 2013

My husband and I did alot of research into B&B's in Chester as we were planning a short breakaway with our 10 month old daughter, as soon as we saw the reviews for Shenley Lodge we knew it was the place for us. Upon arrival we were incredibly warmly greeted by Angela who showed us to our room and put up a travel cot for our daughter. Our room was absolutely huge and had everything we could possibly need. I needed some scissors and Kev saw that we got what we needed right away and also gave us a few tips on where to eat in Chester and where to park. We went out for a meal in the evening and when we returned our baby was sick all over our huge bed, Angela was fantastic and immediately came to change the bedding and also took our clothes and other personal belongings our daughter had been sick on and washed and dried them for us, She showed alot of concern for our daughter and really made us feel at ease. In the morning one of the first things Angela asked us (before asking about our breakfast order) was how our daughter was and did she need anything, she even offered us her own family meals to give to our daughter which was very much appreciated. Our breakfast order was taken and our food arrived quickly and was absolutely delicious, Every time Angela entered the dining room she spoke to our daughter and even got her a special 7 dwarfs toast rack to look at which our daughter absolutely loved. As we were leaving we bumped into Kev who also took great concern over our daughter and was keen to make sure she was feeling better which was lovely. Angela and Kev are the nicest kindest people in the world and absolutely nothing is too much trouble, We would most definitely go back in a heartbeat and we sad to be leaving to come home. We wouldn't hesitate to stay there again and hope to go back in the not too distant future, next time hopefully for longer (if they have us and our sicky baby haha). Thank you for a wonderful stay :)

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Vikki G
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I do a lot of research before I choose a place to stay, for with my work I travel the country a great deal and I want and need a decent value for money place to put my head at night and wake up refreshed and a good hearty breakfast to face the day. Here is one of those quite rare places that ticks all the boxes, just come and stay and sample the hospitality and all that goes with it. I enjoyed every minute and would not hesitate to bring my wife and stay when we visit Chester in the future. Excellent well done Angela. A bit of research does work ! !

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank blackpool065
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night only over the weekend to visit Chester.
We walked into town and it took about 15 mins at a leisurely pace and we got a taxi back which only took a couple of minutes.
The rooms were very clean and equipped with everything we needed and even somethings we didn't need and the bed was dead comfy!
Breakfast was very nice and plentiful and obviously freshly with high quality ingredients.
Lastly a big thanks to the owners who were very friendly and helpful with anything we needed to know.
I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I had the good fortune to stay at Shenley for a few weeks in September & I can say that it was by far the best decision I made during my stay in the UK. Having done anonymous Travelodges and other hotels throughout, it was great to be welcomed into a home rather than a sterile room. My room was on the top floor & contained a very comfortable bed & private bath as well as a TV, DVD player and hot water pot for tea or coffee. It is only a short half mile or so to town for sightseeing, but there are also restaurants and stores much closer to the Lodge. I was staying in Chester for 11 days & Shenley's location allowed me to easily explore everything Chester has to offer, yet still have a quiet place to end the day. Even though there were no vacancies when I arrived I had no problems with noise from other guests & slept very well. Breakfast was one of the best times of day. Angela produced a full English Breakfast: eggs, sausage, bacon, beans & tomatoes. There were also a variety of cereals and juice available. It was a great way to fuel up for a day of sightseeing in town.

I cannot speak highly enough about the kindness of Angela and Kev. I needed to pass back through Chester on my return & Angela was kind enough to find a room for me, even though she and Kev had been out of town for their anniversary. There is no doubt that I will return.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 30, 2013

As the title says it is just ok.
It is a nice place with nice people but not a full hotel and as such we were disapointed.
Nothing much to it and for the same price plenty of good 4 stars hotel around.
Would I use again? Probably not.
Just ok sometimes is not enough.
sorry