“Handy location needed for the city?”
Review of Kilmorey Lodge

and 1 more site!
Kilmorey Lodge
Ranked #35 of 76 Chester B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 18, 2012

Situated conveniently for the motorway & the city with both on site and roadside parking - a good beginning, especially as the landmark church is right opposite for those not trusting to Sat Nav! Inside this attractive little hotel a warm welcome awaits from the host, who gives every impression that nothing is too much trouble & you are very welcome. Immaculately clean throughout, smart modern decor & comfortable beds. And following a good night's sleep a delicious breakfast awaits in the stylish dining room. Why look anywhere else?

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed January 1, 2012

Nice quiet location, ideal for Chester city centre (10-15 minute walk). Nice welcome, and lovely breakfast. Nice room, little on the chilly side but it was winter!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Holidaysrus2008
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I stayed at this very nice and well presented B and B about 20 mins from central Chester, and overall enjoyed my stay. But, and it is a big but: to be greeted at 9.05 the first morning not with did you sleep well and what can we get you but a strict looking landlady saying: I will serve you breakfast this once, but we finish at 9 on the dot, when I had been told by her husband the night before that after nine was fine to come down; and the information stated 9.30 finish, and in any case as the Americans at the next table said, I am on holiday, was really unnerving and did not make me feel welcome at all. She chilled a bit when she realised that I had gone away to recover from a nasty shock and had high blood pressure and was more flexible after that, and I made sure that she was.
I am not on holiday to be treated as if I am in the army and would not go back again to this establishment.

After thus not so good start, the room was airy and comfortable and very nice, but the second night the room upstairs leaked from the bathroom and they moved me next door. The room was larger and nice but it was not cooler and had the morning sun, but it had a lovely large shower and it was again very nice. The landlady helped me to move the rest of my stuff for me and sorted out any other problems so they made up for the first morning. Found the breakfast and the food very good and done as I would have wished and found the couple on the whole quite welcoming but they have not been in charge very long and are obviously running a tight ship, They need to chill out more and be more flexible especially when their guests are stressed out and need to relax and to be able to come down later. I do not think it is unreasonable to have breakfast served every day till at least 9.30 and may-be even 10 a.m, not that I would need it that late, but it allows for flexibility. I have health problems and they are not always predictable and can cause delays even if I get up early. Hotel owners need to realise that we are the bread and butter that they rely on and be more customer friendly in their approach. It is a shame that many are not as this is a nice house and is very clean and well presented, and the rooms are comfortable and I am sure they work very hard and that is appreciated. I just needed them to be more flexible and as they are not I am not able to return even if I wanted to. Shame!

Room Tip: Courtyard view room is cooler in the hot weather. Front room larger for families and I slept in bot...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank BanditQueen254
Reviewed October 15, 2011

Welcoming check-in, comfortable and well equipped rooms, fabulous breakfast, hospitable hosts - highly recommended!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 6, 2011

Room 5 is fantastic. Short walk into the city. Close to restaurants. Great hosts and good breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank Patrij01
Reviewed September 22, 2011

During our trip to the UK the first hotel we stopped was Kilmorey Lodge.
We arrived to a great hostability, good service, clean rooms (5 rooms in possession) and spacious. All rooms were equipped with satellite TV. The food was excellent and we really enjoyed the stay!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank AlexZakash
Reviewed September 20, 2011

Check in was smooth and quick. We stayed in room 5 which is on the first floor and overlooks the main street. It has a lovely 4 poster queen size bed with one of the best mattresses we have slept on so far during our visit to the UK.
Room is spacious and light filled during the day as is the bathroom which has a large window as well.
The property was spotless and the included English breakfast first class. The cutlery and crockery is of a high standard and breakfast was served in a timely manner.
Car parking was free and convenient.
At first we thought the front room we had chosen would be very noisy during the night with traffic, but once the double glazed windows were closed and the drapes drawn there were no problems.
The hosts were very knowledgeable with the city, which was an easy 15 minute walk to the wall, clock and the rows.
The WiFi was free and worked well

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple