“Incredible Thai curries, authentic Japanese sashimi” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Siam Thai & Teppanyaki Restaurant

Siam Thai & Teppanyaki Restaurant
Ranked #21 of 548 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian, Thai
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Nottingham
“Incredible Thai curries, authentic Japanese sashimi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

On a visit to Chester with a Japanese mate of mine, we decided to visit Siam Thai and order off the 2-course Thai lunch menu as well as a sashimi platter. The Thai menu cost £7.95 for a starter and a main, whilst the 11 part sashimi platter was a very reasonable £6.95.

I ordered Kakiage Tempura with sweet chili sauce which was lovely, followed by a Thai yellow curry for my main. The curry was immense, with grapes, cherry tomatoes and pineapple providing pockets of flavour (and vitamins) to the sweet and delicious yellow curry.

We also ordered the Japanese sashimi platter (raw fish). Having lived in Japan, I find Yo! Sushi etc. unbearable with its cooked prawns and california rolls being so unauthentic. However at Siam the fish (4x salmon, 4x maguro tuna, 3x tai sea bream) was raw, full of colour, and impeccable. Served with soy sauce, wasabi and ginger on a bed of radish, both my Japanese friend and I were thoroughly impressed, even when comparing to Japan.

The restaurant is very spacious, well laid out, and the waitresses were fantastic. If I am ever in Chester again I will be sure to return.

• Visited February 2014

Isle of Man, United Kingdom
“Highly recommended !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

Went here for Valentine's day after reading the online reviews and they were spot on.

Cost us under £60 for starting platter and mains along with couple of drinks.

Quality of the food was excellent along with generous portions.

Very helpful and happy staff.

Wouls highy recommend going here if yoy love Thai !!

Plymouth, United Kingdom
“fantastic food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014

I must admit I don't go out of my way to eat Thai food.....but this was brilliant. Plenty of it and wonderful flavours.....this place is clearly popular as it was packed on a weekday. Great value too......they forgot to charge for the wine....but we advised them of this. definitely go again when next in Chester.

Visited January 2014
Warrington, United Kingdom
“Highly recommended Thai dining experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

Visited here for our Valentine' s day treat. We were not disappointed. This was the best experience I have ever had regarding Thai cuisine. The staff were friendly and efficient and when we informed them that we were vegan, they were happy to accommodate us. We will definitely be visiting here again, in the next couple of weeks and we would strongly recommend it to everyone.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank cheryl c
“Good food (Thai restaurant)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed a meal for 2 with my wife. Good quality food, wide choice on the menu and all at a reasonable price. We had a lovely evening thank you.

1 Thank NeilChester