Oddfellows
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
1,277 results
All reviewsthe secret gardenafternoon tearound bedquirky hotelalice in wonderlandodd fellowsduplex suitecircular bedpaper bagdouble showernespresso machineroll top bathmini barbar areamy partnerno liftyogurt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Just go and visit this bar, coolest in Chester

Should be listed as a tourist attraction along with Chester Zoo and the others

Great Fun, Great Service and I will give it a go for drinks soon, I only drank on the day.

Manchester or Liverpool have nothing to compare with this.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Oddfellowes for one evening in June for a short break. The hotel was really clean and well presented. The staff were of five star calibre.

We paid a little extra for a round room. Round bed and furniture etc. It was pretty cool. The bed was huge. The TV was large and everything was decorated with luxury in mind.

There was also a cool take away breakfast that was hung on the door handle the next morning. Another quirky Oddfellows treat.

From the staff to the unusual AstroTurf garden this hotel is great.

We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We had booked my mother in laws 60th Birthday celebrations here on the 15th of June. From the moment we arrived we were treated like royalty and nothing was too much trouble. We had own reserved area by the beautiful themed garden area, where are orders were taken and where we relaxed having pre-dinner drinks. We were then escorted up stairs to own dining room (there were 18 guests in all) were we had complete privacy in luxurious surroundings. Nothing was too much trouble, the food was exquisite, the staff were fantastic and catered for our every need. I just wanted to say a huge thank you to the GM, her assistant Mo and our waiter Mike who made sure all our party were well looked after! I would definately recommend Oddfellows.
Hayley1301

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We stayed here on Friday 14th June 2013. We arrived at the hotel at 1pm, the room wasn't ready so they said they would keep hold of our bags and take them to our room when it was ready and we could check in at 3pm which wasn't a problem.

We went back at 3.45 and the bags was in our beautiful room. We stayed in the Newbrook loft -room 17 which was lovely. The bed was huge and it was spotlessly clean everywhere. They provide shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, hair dryer etc. The showers are huge double power showers which are amazing.

We went down stairs to have a drink and sat outside in the lovely gardens. Unfortunatly it had been raining quite hard and all cushions had to be moved but it would of been lovely to sit out when the sun was shining and have something to eat.

Everything about the hotel was really quirky and unusual.

The next morning I asked for more milk as the one they provide is very small for 4 cups of coffee and this was delivered within 2 minutes.

Our "breakfast to go" was ready outside our room which consisted of 2 croissants, 2 apples, 2 yogurts and 2 orange juices which was lovely but we did have our full english breakfast at a cafe just up the road.

The only downside I can think of it that it was a little noisy at night time due to our room being right near the bar area outside but other than that it was absolutley gorgeous and I would deffinatly go there again. I booked with Bookings.com which was also a lot cheaper than booking through the hotel direct. We also parked on Pepper Street car park (2 minutes around the corner from the hotel) which was £12 for 24 hours. The hotel gave us a voucher for the car park which then knocked it down to just £6.50 which was fab!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Booked a one-night stay here for our first wedding anniversary. Our room wasn't ready on arrival so we went straight to the restaurant for afternoon tea. After biting into one of the sandwiches I was disgusted to find mould all over the bread - completely unacceptable anywhere, let alone a restaurant that is affiliated with a chef who has a Michelin star at the Chester Grosvenor. Told the waiter who quickly took the rest of the sandwiches away, leaving the mouldy one in front of me on my plate. He muttered something about replacing them without even asking if we wanted any more, which we didn't. I managed to find him a couple of minutes later by the kitchen and told him that we didn't want anything else as were pretty disgusted and as I walked away I heard the chef shout, "They don't want it now?!" Shortly afterwards when we walked back to reception to ask if we could check in, the waiter was telling the lady behind the desk (who I am presuming was the manager on duty) what had happened. However, to our surprise she didn't mention a single word about it to us - no apology, nothing - and acted as if nothing had happened as she walked us back through the restaurant to the outside building and showed us into our room. There were plenty of opportunities for her to apologise etc but instead she chose to ignore it. It was only when we went back to reception about 20 minutes when I asked her where we could find somewhere else to eat that she said, "Oh yes, I heard what happened. I'm really sorry. Don't worry, it's been dealt with." I've no doubt that if I hadn't of made a point about wanting to find somewhere else to eat that she wouldn't have said anything. Fortunately on our return to the hotel that evening, the guy on reception (a different manager on duty?) approached us to apologise about what had happened and offered us a free drink or breakfast, which we were grateful for. At least someone at Oddfellows knows how to deal with situations in a professional way. We had a free drink that evening - didn't feel like taking them up on breakfast - but it didn't make up for what had happened and the way it was dealt with.
The hotel looks great with its quirky decor, it's just a shame that our experience was tainted from our arrival as it did put a dampner on things and I'm not entirely sure I would rush back here again.
Beware of eating the crisps in the room (I ate a bag to get rid of the mouldy bread) as we were charged £3.70 for them the next day!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple