“Great location, good value but could do with redecoration!”
Review of Lloyds of Chester

Lloyds of Chester
Ranked #44 of 44 Hotels in Chester
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Great location, good value but could do with redecoration!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Very central to Chester and cheaper than other places we have stayed in the area. Good breakfast and the room was large and clean. In very cold weather the room was well heated. Just a bit shabby in places. Having said that, would probably stay there again because it was good value and in a very good position.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Booked reasonably last minute off a booking site and didnt read reviews first - lesson to self! Room freezing, bed tiny and uncomfortable. Bedding had holes in it. Room very very small. Had one of those compartment type bathrooms like on a ship or ferry - toliet made very strange noises when flushing. Shower door kept falling off.

In a not particularly nice part of town either.

On the upside, given the night we spent we had very low expectations of breakfast and it actually turned out to be quite nice.

Overall at £60 for the room and breakfast - I would find a Premier Inn!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Chester hotels

sheffield
Reviewed March 22, 2013

came to this hotel for two nights when got to the room the bedding did not look clean it looked like had been slept in and smelt dirty,the room was dusty and carpet didnt look like it had been hooverd with all bits on all over it,the bathroom if you can call it that looked like a caravan toilet ther was no room at all,we ending up staying the first night because didnt want to ruin our weekend by complaining but that night in the early hours my partner woke up to find a bed bug crawling on his face!!!!!!!!! next morning went to see the man in charge and told him what happend and asked for our money back he didnt hesitate to give our money back and we had a photo of the bed bug aswell and he didnt want to see it just said belived us which was good for us because got money back but didnt question us much either which made us think they knew got a problem and told us rooms are checked all time and for things like that but obviousley not!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Wirral
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Mixed feelings about this hotel.
Positives......
Extremely helpful and friendly staff went out of their way to make our stay a good one.
They left the breakfast room unlocked both mornings we were with them so my son could take some food with him when he left very early.
They were brilliant with our two year old grandson and offered him a cooked breakfast after he finished his toast and wanted to share mine and my husband's! This was even though under 5s stay free of charge.
The food was delicious, hot and plentiful. I've never before been in a hotel where staff remind people to take fruit, croissants and pastries with them after breakfast.
The downstairs public areas were clean, uncluttered and modern.
We were given two family rooms at double room prices.
The shower was powerful and easily operated.
The location was just what we needed - very close to the train station and in easy walking distance of the city centre, with plenty of restaurants near by.
Beds were firm and very comfortable and there was no overnight noise from outside.
Negatives........
There was parking for no more than six cars, probably used by staff. Parking close by cost £11.40 for 48 hours.
Corridor walls and stairway walls were scuffed and shoddy, with water marks and skirting boards coming away from the walls.
The rooms were quite small and the capsule toilets/shower units were plastic, extremely cramped and not in keeping with the rooms, which, although fairly pleasant, had skirting boards coming away from the walls, stains on the carpets and really cheap looking, doorless wardrobes.
Walls were quite thin. I could hear my son talking to his son in a conversational tone, in the room below ours.

• Stayed March 2013
Wiltshire
Reviewed March 16, 2013

This hotel does not live up to the images on the web. The hotel is set in very run down/down market area of the city. Opposite is a 'pop up' car wash which is next door to an adult shop. The hotel itself has peeling paint. The greeting we received was at best, indifferent. We were shown to our room along a corridor which appeared to have 2 foot of damp on the wall. The room itself was dowdy, small and grim. The capsule bathroom was minute. The whole room is in dire need of refurbishment. The advertised parking for this establishment is a joke. I suspect that if there is any parking at all it is used by the owner and the hotel staff. We decided that it was better to lose our money than to spend 1 nght in this hole and made arrangements to stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Go anywhere esle
Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I booked for my parents to go to Chester for their golden wedding anniversary. I checked the reviews on here prior to booking and mostly the were acceptable. My parents arrived at 2:15 on the Friday to make the most of their wk end to be informed the room was not ready (ment to be 2;00 availabilty). They said the place looked dated and shabby. When they returned a while later they were given a ground floor room as my mum uses a cane, there were no towels in the bathroom they had to ask for them. They said the bathroom was like a cupboard you had to maneuver yourself to have a wash or even use the toilet, nose touching back of the door when using the toilet. Breakfast on the first morning was all burnt and they were told that the hostel next door was attatched to the hotel, they were also having the same breakfast in the same room at a fraction of the price. I dont think it is described as it is. They still enjoyed Chester and will go back but defo NOT TO THIS PLACE. Although they said they were to warm in the night and had to open the door to the cupboard/en-suite as that space was quite cold.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TRACEY O
County Down, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I must confess Lloyds and I didn't get off to a great start! Having arrived in daylight, it didn't match the pretty picture which had been posted. The decor was also a bit shabby, the room felt icy cold, the bathroom was like those found in a camper-van and staff had forgotten to leave towels. The lack of heat and provision of towels was soon taken care of by the man on the desk and by the time my partner arrived by train some hours later, I had changed my mind completely about the hotel! It was snowing outside and I had spent the entire day travelling by boat and train and was frozen to the bone. The shower was quite simply probably the best I had ever been in! Loads of piping hot water instantly which did wonders for thawing me out, tea-making facilities in the room so I could enjoy a few snacks and the fact that it was such a short walk to the train station meant that by the time my partner arrived, I was relaxed and content and we went on to have a lovely relaxing break in Chester (which is a lovely and lively little place). Certainly this is no luxury hotel, but it is basic, cheap and cheerful, breakfasts are good, staff are helpful and it is in an excellent location. If you aren't too fussy and don't expect luxury then it is certainly worth booking:-)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple