“Good small hotel ideal for station and centre of Chester.”
Review of Lloyds of Chester

and 1 more site!
Lloyds of Chester
Ranked #44 of 45 Hotels in Chester
Reviewed December 21, 2012

The hotel is near to Chester station ( 2 minutes) and Chester centre (ten minutes) . Our room was at the rear of the hotel,clean and tidy with a new television.
The staff were very welcoming and the breakfast as good or better than many higher priced hotels.
Would we stay at Lloyds again, a definate yes.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank yorkshireTjk

Reviewed December 20, 2012

We enjoyed Lloyds Hotel very much. Good location: close to the station and not far to the city center for Xmas Shopping. good restaurant on the way, very nice, Rooms were clean and comfortable (small bathroom, but OK), adequate for the price.
we forget something behind in the room and they posted to us with no charge(Thank you so Much)
Breakfast was very good with Tea, coffee, cereals, porridge, juices fresh fruit,and cooked breakfast plus continental breakfast .Friendly owner and helpful staff. recommended we will stay there again.

Room Tip: ask for back room as it more quiter and warmer :)
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Just come back fro a one night stay at the Lloyds of Chester. Was a bit worried after reading reviews but i had no problems. It is in a great position, only a couple of minutes walk from the train station and a 10 minute stroll into town. The owner was very friendly and made us welcome from the start. The hotel and our room were very clean. When we came down for breakfast, they had finished serving which was our fault as we got the times wrong. This wasnt a problem as we were shown to a table and a full English was cooked. We were very impressed by the hotel to go out of their way to do this and the choice was great: fresh fruit, cereals, juices and the English was lovely and well cooked. I would recommend this hotel to any one wanting to stay in Chester.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Michael H
Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

The room was a good size, was very clean and the bed comfortable. The bathroom was clean and functional but very small. Tea, coffee and towels were replenished in the morning.

The breakfast was delicious freshly cooked and hot, and the staff were attentive and helpful.

The parking was the only real let down as there were only a very small number of spaces, forcing us to use a car park close by.

Overall a lovely stay

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank LoobyLou40
Reviewed November 24, 2012

On arrival, the owner didn't seem to have a clue. A random guy sat slouched on a couch at the back who I later found out to be the cook (Chef is too high status to describe what I saw)

He tried TOO hard to carry one of my bags to the room but the room it self was ok. The windows were thin and let a draught in, the traffic going by doesn't calm down til around 3am since the rail station is right by the 'hotel'. I couldn't sleep because being used to not living close to a busy road, ear plugs recommended.

Carparking is about the size of a terraced house backyard which could somehow squeeze in 3 cars only just, any more cars then you have to pay every 24 hours in a railstation carpark both were very unsecure and out of sight.
The room floor felt badly made as it squeaked a lot when walking on it. Bathroom was a waterproofed cupboard, though It's clean and shower has great temperature control.

Breakfast was disgusting, and after noticing inside the kitchen (you pass it to go out the backdoor (fire escape) to a 'carpark'. The kitchen looked dirty and the smell of stale fat in the air.

Electrics buzzed from the lights which is proof the wiring was poorly done. The kettle had stagnant water in it too.

The 'hotel' is in a rough area too, the short walk into town was short but plenty of scruffy gangs around staring at you a lot.

Theres a car wash out the front of the 'hotel' which when it gets quiet, they like to watch in the windows of what people are doing, since there's no netting, its either curtains closed n its dark, or curtains open and show them what you've got.

There is NO garden so I don't get how somebody can review this. There is what looked like a bar which hasnt been set up at all to be a bar. it stores any stock of stationary or glasses for breakfast tables.

On leaving, the owner insisted we sent him a good review, a bit needy to even ask this, and in front of other customers. Staff that worked there seemed dirty and scruffy.

I do not have high standards of a 'hotel' as with my line of volunteering work, I am used to MOD camp conditions which can be low grade at times, but when we pay around £180, I expect some form of standard.

Disgusting and will not go back again. , there's some amazing places in town with some beautiful hotels. You actually pass a lot of really nice B&B's on your way to this place from the motorway.

Room Tip: Don't try here
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 14, 2012

When booking best to ask what floor you are on as we had 2 flights of stairs to walk up We stayed for 3 nights in the family room The bathroom was tiny a pod style not easy to use although the shower had good water pressure. The Bedroom was reasonable size the bed was comfortable the sheets were thin and had holes in them the duvet cover had a cigarette burn in. The road noise was awful the Pub noise was even worse a live band till about 1.30 am. The food was OK the staff that served us were very helpful. if the hotel is fully booked up and everyone goes for breakfast at the same time you will have to wait as they run out of tables. We wont be going back.

Room Tip: Avoid the tiny shower if you can
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We read some reviews before staying at the "hotel". They were not very good needless to stay however we had already booked. We did however already have other hotels in mind in case we felt the need to leave but we thought no we will look for ourselves. First off, we could not find the parking spaces. Eventually when we did i was appalled as to the amount of space there was. It was ridiculous. We were greeted by the owner at the back who took us through to reception. We saw the kitchen, filth! The owner did not appear very friendly at all and seemed very arrogant. The room itself was OK so I will not complain too much about it. However, bathroom was a ridiculous size but liveable, the bed sheets were dirty, although the mattress was lovely to sleep on. There was still some water in the kettle (half full). It smelt disgusting-this should be checked more often. We did not use it needless to say. My partner did not sleep well because of the noise during the night-outside because of cars. The breakfast was horrible-the only part I enjoyed was the toast. The cups were dirty-I ended up swapping them. If I am honest I do not believe the cups ever get cleaned and the cutlery is left through the day and night continuously. Minging. The staff who appeared to be cooking looked very unhygienic-i would have rather cooked myself!. One night I arrived at the back to find no parking spaces available. I was not happy. I explained to the manger for him to tell the person whom the car belongs to we have parked behind him. He said they must get up at 6.00am to go to work so for me to leave my car keys. I was appalled at the suggestion! i would not be leaving my keys with him. he then said he will call them and ask them to move their car so they could pull up behind me instead. He made it sound like it was our problem which I wasn't happy about. I explained to the lovely gentlemen who moved his car that we hadn't demanded it like the owner had made it sound. I had heard rumours of because there is not a lot of car parking spaces he has asked people to park at the train station which includes having to pay. I can assure you if he would have suggested that to me i would have demanded either he pay for the parking or i receive all my money back to move to another hotel.

Overall a very poor experience. The Only thing that made the hotel poor was the fact the room wasnt as bad as what some reviews had stated.

Room Tip: I would not recommend this hotel to anybody.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple