“Best Thai food”

Dining options: Reservations
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Best Thai food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

Been to this restaurant to eat in about 4 times and had takeaways about another half dozen. Food has always been excellent. Service when eating in has always been good. It just always seems so quiet, maybe because it is not as visible as all the street level restaurants. It may not be the cheapest food, but I really do think it is worth it.
Muslim curry is a must, so is the red curry.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Stockton Heath Thai = good food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

We have had two meals here so far and both reasonably good. Tonight the service was a bit slow and the green vegetable curry turned up red. It was meant to be 'three chilli' strength, but it was rather mild so worth bearing in mind if you order. Corn cake starter was good and so were soups.

• Visited November 2012
Liverpool
“Fab for dinner with the girls after work”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

Inbetween 530 and 7pm 2 course meal is 12.95 with free drink! Muslim curry and thick red Thai curry gorgeous, chicken satay and starters faultless. It's a shame it wasn't busy we were the only ones in there seeing it was Thursday night, not complaining tho its all about who you are with and the food and both were fab x Oh waiter was also lovely aswel.

• Visited October 2012
Warrington, United Kingdom
“A let down”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2012

I have visited here on several pervious occasions and chose to come on Mothers Day early evening. The restaurant was busy but not full by any means.
The service staff are always very pleasant and an order for drink was taken quickly.
We then had a long wait (20/25mins) before our order was taken.
Another long wait until the food started to arrive - we had now been in the restaurant 1 hour!
The food on previous visits has been good but this time it was well below average.
Everything was sweet tasting as opposed to sweet/sour/hot which is how all the dishes we ordered should have tasted. The fried rice was a sticky glutenous mess with little taste.
I will not be visiting again unless I hear/see reports to the contrary.

• Visited March 2012
Stockton Heath, United Kingdom
“Always delivers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2012

Since the Tammarin opened a few years ago I have been a regular visitor. For me, the food never disappoints, the staff are always warm and welcoming and I always enjoy my evening.

I work about ten minutes away in Runcorn (and now live much closer in Stockton Heath!) so have been at least 3 times for works leaving do's, and probably another 9-10 times at least for random meals. I can honestly say I've never had a bad meal.

The best on the menu in my opinion is; the garlic spare ribs (just so well cooked - falls off the bone) one of the salads (forget which sorry!), the green curry, masaman curry and the pad Thai. All tasty, fresh and reasonably priced.

All in all, the Tammarin is one of my favourite restaurants in Stockton Heath and I will return time and time again. The staff are the friendliest you will find in any restaurant and the food is always tasty and fresh.