“Quaint stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of La Marguerite

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sark
La Marguerite
Ranked #2 of 10 Sark B&B and Inns
St Peter Port, United Kingdom
“Quaint stay”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Comfy and spacious accommodation, cosy attic rooms, great breakfast, friendly hosts ( Suzette and Bas), well located to village and harbour. Thanks for a lovely 2 night stay. Jenny, Anne, Chris and Saras.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Anne S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Thank you to Sue and Bas for another amazing stay, such a shame it was only one night
Planning my next visit already and only been back at work one day
If you want a truly home from home family experience then this is the place to stay

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank northern78
Woking, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 17, 2012

"Spending many weeks of the year on long haul business trips arriving in Sark is a welcome change but the friendly welcome and amazing home comforts that Suzette delivers on every trip is a breath of fresh air!! Who would want the restrictions of a clinical stuffy hotel (which I have the pleasure of frequenting on my overseas business trips) when you a wonderful room where the sunlight floods in and a piping hot shower to revive you in the morning after a blissful nights sleep!

La Marguerite is perfectly situated on the Island with everything just a short stroll away. All of this coupled with the knowledge that Bas and Suzette have of the island and the many tales they have to tell just make this the most idyllic place to stay.

My wife and I have now stayed with Baz and Suzette on many occasions and we will be back before this year is out for sure! I cannot recommend La Marguerite enough."

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank BJS-73
Poole, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 8, 2012

We spent 2 nights at La Marguerite after staying in a 3 star hotel in St Peter Port and were blown away by the facilities which were far superior to that hotel. Our room was huge and beautifully decorated - we both said "wow" as we went in. Sue wasn't there when we arrived but had left a welcoming note for us. We met her later that afternoon and were made to feel at home. This is certainly a place that you can relax. The breakfasts were delicious and served in a very friendly manner. We enjoyed chatting to Sue who was very informative about Sark. We realized that 2 days was not enough to enjoy the island. The location of La Marguerite is the best on the island being so near The Avenue and it was so easy to wander out in the evenings to eat and enjoy quiet moonlight walks. We hope that we will be able to return to Sark soon and we will be staying at la Marguerite again

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Alison B
Ulm, Germany
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We stayed with Suzette for more than a week and really enjoyed her hospitality. She made as feel at home during our vacation and helped us with her tips around the island.

Our room upstairs was light and airy with ample space for the two of us. We found the whole house clean and tidy with Suzette being well organized in taking care of us, considering our paricular needs and desires.

The location of the house is perfect with a one minute walk down the road to get to The Avenue being the main street.

We very much enjoyed the interesting chats with both Suzette and Bas. If you are not a party animal this is the right place to stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Joerg S
London
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Unfortunately the service my family and I recieved from Suzette came close to pure rudeness.

Breakfast was like being back at school and were petrified to go down there. However more scared what would happen if we didn't turn up for the breakfast she had prepared. She would toss the plates in front of us sliding along the place mats. Every morning without fail we were subjected to a poor attitude and utter misery. She would tut and roll her eyes at us if one of us was a few minues late for breakfast which was most unpleasant.

Whenever I passed her I would say something whether it be "hi sue" "morning" "thanks for breakfast it was lovely" and not once would she bother to turn round and reply or acknowledge me. It was a real shame.

I attempted a shower and the water was running cold. I went down to ask if there had been a problem with the water that morning and the reply was "the waters cold? That will be because you didn't shower when the hot water was turned on. I'll put it on for you. You have ten minutes" we were not informed that there were set times for showers on our arrival nor any information in the room. She made it crystal clear that this was a great inconvenience to her. I regret to say there were many more instances of bad attitude when any of us merely enquired about anything.

We didn't once get a smile and the whole stay we felt we weren't welcome. Its so sad as I feel sue may well be in the wrong job as she cannot offer an ounce of warmth.

I am aware this review is terribly negative so I would like to round it off on a lighter note by saying that the location is perfect and the house is truely beautiful with lots of interesting little quirks. Sue has built up a magnificent place over the years.

• Stayed July 2012
4 Thank sm1986
California
Reviewed July 7, 2012

We stayed at La Marguerite for two nights - I wish it had been longer. We had a lovely room in a charming old house. Breakfast was delicious and Suzette was very informative about Sark. The location is excellent and the price (I think it was 40 pounds per person) was an incredible bargain. I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

Suzette has lived on Sark all of her life and her family goes back to the original 40 families. I was glad to give her my trade, instead of the interlopers who are trying to turn the island into an upscale version of Disneyland.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank louxx
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sark
Stocks Hotel
#1 of 3 in Sark
St Georges
St Georges
#2 of 7 in St Peter Port

Been to La Marguerite? Share your experiences!