Like other reviewers, I had passed by this hotel in the past and made a note to return one day. The website seemed to promise so much. Sadly, it was a great disappointment.
I asked for accommodation for two adults and a teenager and was told that we could have rooms in a cottage. Never mind the fact that the cottage was dismal, smelt of damp and hadn't been re-decorated since the 1980s she tried to charge us for four people as that is how many the cottage should sleep. No mention of it at any time before the bill came, as were the additional charges (see other reviews). We left on a sour note. There were three parties checking out that day, all of them complaining about hidden charges to the unfortunate receptionist who looked like she had heard it all a thousand times before.
This hotel survives on its location. Anywhere else it wouldn't rate as a B&B. The world has moved on into boutique and quirky hotels: this should be one/both but sadly it is just tired, outdated and way, way over-rated. More Ms Vicky Pollard than Mr and Mrs Smith!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the magical charm of La Sablonnerie, a hotel of rare quality situated in the southern part of Sark, even more beautiful, remote and romantic than the rest. Unspoiled and scenic, it is a haven for lovers of peace and tranquillity. Nestled in the lovely award winning gardens(Sark Midsummer Show 2012) this oasis of hospitality has an enchanting air of simplicity and sophistication. The bar is a convivial meeting place with a roaring log fire. Savour a gourmet luncheon or dine romantically by candlelight. Excellent cuisine, including fresh Sark lobster and produce from the farm and gardens. Own horses and carriages. A truly amazing experience. Don't leave the Channel Islands without visiting Sark and Little Sark.It will be an experience that will live with you forever. Birds, Butterflies and Flowers - SARK - How could one not enjoy this beautiful paradise? A stepping stone to heaven. An hotel with a real 'joie de vivre' ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LateRooms so you can book your La Sablonnerie reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Sablonnerie Hotel Sark
- La Sablonnerie Sark, Channel Islands