I have been holidaying in Sark over the past 40 years. Sark is a very beautiful location, with opportunities for a gently restful break, delightful walks and breathtaking views, or an adventurous one with the many caves and climbs available. Ensure you obtain a tide timetable and your explorations of stunning beaches and safe swimming will never cease to be joyful.
Having stayed in various locations over the years, my family has settled on staying at La Sablonnerie because it is so exceptional and it is sheer joy to return to whenever possible. Elizabeth Perree runs the hotel, and with Elizabeth, along with her family, you are assured of a generous and delightful welcome. The personal touches excel, with curtains drawn, beds turned down and lamps on whilst you dine, for example- or the tray of tea/coffee in your room before breakfast with home made biscuits, their own Sark milk and a fresh flower. At every turn you are treated with such courtesy by all the staff as well as by the family. Everywhere is immaculate.
The food is quite exceptional. My husband travels across the world and we eat out regularly with a very varied cuisine, but genuinely we find La Sablonnerie remains the best cuisine and wholesome food to rival anywhere.
Elizabeth prides herself in choosing beds for her guests most carefully, and although I am a poor sleeper generally, I sleep well there. At every turn you can see such careful attention to detail.
I have no interest in fitness centres and spas, but love the simple pleasures of walking, cycling and horse riding. I am not a strong swimmer but have had some of the loveliest and safe bathing off Sark beaches of anywhere. However busy the island, at whatever peake times in the season, it is easy to find quiet spots for swimming, walking, bird watching, reading or just sitting without being disturbed by another soul.
I cannot praise this hotel enough. It is so individual, pretty, romantic and personal, and the very antithesis of corporate faceless hotels which are so easy to find. It is fun too. There is nowhere to compare. The very best hotel on the most beautiful unspoilt island one could wish for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the magical charm of La Sablonnerie, a hotel of rare quality situated in the southern part of Sark, even more beautiful, remote and romantic than the rest. Unspoiled and scenic, it is a haven for lovers of peace and tranquillity. Nestled in the lovely award winning gardens(Sark Midsummer Show 2012) this oasis of hospitality has an enchanting air of simplicity and sophistication. The bar is a convivial meeting place with a roaring log fire. Savour a gourmet luncheon or dine romantically by candlelight. Excellent cuisine, including fresh Sark lobster and produce from the farm and gardens. Own horses and carriages. A truly amazing experience. Don't leave the Channel Islands without visiting Sark and Little Sark.It will be an experience that will live with you forever. Birds, Butterflies and Flowers - SARK - How could one not enjoy this beautiful paradise? A stepping stone to heaven. An hotel with a real 'joie de vivre' ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LateRooms so you can book your La Sablonnerie reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Sablonnerie Hotel Sark
- La Sablonnerie Sark, Channel Islands