“Still one of the best Indian Restaurants I have ever visited”
Review of Taste of India

Taste of India
Ranked #44 of 250 Restaurants in Guernsey
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Sorry pets not allowed. Except guide dogs.
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Been before, will come again. Seems an unlikely spot for a treat like this, however, this really hits the mark. The usual suspects on the menu, also a wide range of Goan specialities. The sauces are all unique, the meat and fish are all melt in the mouth, servings are generous all in a lovely restaurant in a stunning spot. Worth the trip from town.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

This review is for the resuarant in L'eree Bay - not St Peter port
I went to this restaurant for the first time yesterday after hearing excellent reviews on it and my family have been 3 times before. There was a good choice on the menu of curries and wanted to try something different instead of the big standard korma i go for so i chose Afghani Chicken korma which was delicious! for starter i had the Crab Xec Xec - never seen crab on a menu at an Indian restaurant before so was a must try and i would recommend this to any seafood lover!
The service was excellent and had eaten everything within an hour and couldn't move. Best Indian i've tasted in a long time!

1  Thank ImoCado
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I have been to this Restaurant many times, and usually with a group of people of similar age. The restaurant is very popular, and does get very busy, so its wise to book. The problem I have is that I am not fond of Indian food, but as my friends and indeed my wife, are very fond, I usually go along with things. The group get involved with these fancy Indian dishes, and this restaurant can always find me some dishes that I do like, they get used to these fussy old men. My experience is therefore extensive, but not necessarily food that you might be looking for. What I do know is that the group really enjoy their meals there, which is why they go often, and they are able to deal with me as well.
The surroundings are authentic, and the family running this are extremely polite and kind, and you would have some difficulty in beating the service, and the table linen.
I expect I will be off there again fairly soon, but for the month of October and early November its tenner fest in Guernsey, so every restaurant in Guernsey and Jersey will be totally full for most of the weeks that the Fest will be on. Where else can you get a three course meal in a super restaurant for about a tenner?

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Had a great meal here. Even daughter who is fussy ate well and chefs made extra sure her meal was just what she needed. Huge portions and staff are great and friendly. They even managed to fit us in on a busy night - which isn't always possible for such a popular place. Overall great value for money!

Reviewed September 22, 2013

As a Guernsey resident who has spent years living in India and still regularly visit the country I would definitely recommend the Taste of India [both the west coast and St. Peter Port branches] as the best option for a good Indian meal in the island. Is it absolutely exceptional? Maybe not but it always serves up very good Indian food with a Goan bent for what - in the Guernsey context - is a very modest cost. Most other Indian eateries in Guernsey are either pricier or less impressive or both.

Also as a vegetarian who has to admit that his native island is very poor indeed at serving up good vegetarian food in local restaurants I regard the Taste of India as one of a small group of noble exceptions. It also has a friendly and attentive staff. I go here half a dozen times a year with various friends - some of whom are also people who have often travelled to India. I have no hesitation in strongly recommending the Taste of India.