“Very Popular...But!”

Taste of India
Ranked #45 of 239 Restaurants in Guernsey
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Sorry pets not allowed. Except guide dogs.
Surrey, United Kingdom
“Very Popular...But!”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

This review is for the west coast restaurant. We arrived at our reserved time of 8pm and the restaurant was already quite full and noisy (good sign, but hard to hear yourself think!). Very popular but only because there aren't too many Indian restaurants away from town. Food is ok, because there is no competition.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank alboy40

Guernsey
“Lovely meal and service”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Always get. A good meal here for a reasonable price with friendly family service lovely setting by the sea

Visited June 2013
Guernsey, United Kingdom
“Delicious Food on the West Coast”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Where to begin with Taste of India at L'Eree? It is honestly the most delicious Indian I have ever had in any country. My partner adores the Goan curries and I am all about the Makhani. You will not be disappointed with the quality of food - it is truly delicious every time! Even the take away is very yummy!

Service is very courteous and the atmosphere is usually very nice. If you want a table on Friday/Saturday night though, you will have to book and it will be rammed since it is so popular. You will also have to endure the phone ringing off the hook for their take away service (considerately though, it is just a little peeping tune rather than an obvious ring).

Food is very reasonably priced and the whole place feels very 'authentic' in want of a better word.

As I live in St Peter Port though, I thought I would try out the Taste of India in Mill Street. I was sadly disappointed. The food, although not terrible, is definitely not as good as the L'Eree restaurant and every time I've been (bar once) the service has been TERRIBLE. I'm talking a twenty minute wait to be served then another twenty minutes for food and don't even get me started on trying to a) attract attention if you want a drink mid-meal and then b) trying to actually RECEIVE said drink. They are very polite, but move at a snail's pace.

I would give the L'Eree restaurant a firm 5/5 in every way (I can't wait to take my family there when they next come to visit). Sadly though, the Mill Street restaurant really doesn't do the chain justice, hence the 4 stars I gave the review. I would only give that one a 3/5. So still not terrible, but could improve.

• Visited April 2013
Guernsey, United Kingdom
“The best Indian cuisine on Guernsey”
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

In my view this is by far the best Indian restaurant on Guernsey. Many other locals agree with me too! The decor, ambiance, food, & service are all excellent. For non locals, this restaurant is located in the southwest area of the island & will be a bit out of the way from most of the hotels that visitors would find themselves staying in. However, I would definitely recommend a trip out to this restaurant - after all, Guernsey is small so nowhere is far from anywhere else really! I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Visited May 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Okay but nothing special”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Apparently this is the best Indian restaurant on the island. The choice is comprehensive, service attentive and food okay. The portions are generous. Perhaps because it is a Goan restaurant everything had a little twist and the gravies and presentation were not quite the usual.

I'd be happy to return on my next visit.

Visited May 2013