“The Best Indian Restaurant in Guernsey”
Review of Taj Mahal

Taj Mahal
Ranked #110 of 259 Restaurants in Guernsey
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Always good, always packed so booking is a must! The staff are pleasant and helpful, the food is very good and similar to what you would expect to eat in Birmingham or Manchester. Their baltis are exceptional and a great place with a great atmosphere.

2  Thank Karen G

Reviewed October 13, 2013

We ahve been coming here for years! it's the favourite choice for a quick supper in town or a birthday treat for the children. It's like a lot of Indian restaurants, a bit old fashioned in decor, but its what you would expect and we love it! The food is very authentic and the menu caters well for all palettes including vegetarians.

2  Thank shaktisha
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Went with a group of friends and had an excellent meal. For two courses and a couple of drinks was £25pp so not bad for Guernsey. So many good Indian restaurants to chose from in Guernsey, but would go again.

2  Thank Hongkongphooey99
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Stepping back in time with decor. Food was over priced and very small portions. Would not recommend.

4  Thank TheRovingDiner
Reviewed September 18, 2013

my sister her husband my self and my husband have just had a meal at the taj mahal, I had the puri chicken I ask if it was hot, the waitress said she would ask the chef not to make it hot, but when it came it tasted nothing like any other chicken puri I had had before and so hot I could not eat it.
the main course's were slices of tasteless chicken in a sauce, I asked for chicken tikka the chicken was like tasteless rubber it came on its own no salad just 7 slices of chicken and a few slices of onions.
thank goodness they did not try and charges for my meal as I did not eat 95% of it.
we have been to many indian restaurant some better than others, we have always eaten the food but not in this one.

2  Thank christine m