“The Food Is OUTSTANDING Everytime!”
Review of Taj Mahal

Taj Mahal
Ranked #93 of 236 Restaurants in Guernsey
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Sark, Channel Islands
“The Food Is OUTSTANDING Everytime!”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

When I am in Guernsey, I always order a take-away from here & every single time it is outstanding! No faults what-so-ever! I have ate in the restaurant a few times also and yet again, everything is wonderful :) it can get busy at times, mostly the weekends but the staff always find a table for you ... my sister loves this place too :D

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Rosie W

london
“don`t bother”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

we have been going to guernsey for quite some time now and always go to this restaurant although we`ve not been for a little while,this time was awful and was probably the worst curry i`ve had for a very long time,the two girls who serve were rushed off their feet,my dansak had what tasted like lime drowning it and tasted awful all the side dishes were below average and my wifes jalfrezi was just full of oinions and nothing else ,its over priced and the decor is now very dated, we could not wait to leave,with so many other good restaurants in town just go elsewhere

• Visited September 2012
“Can curry really be this bad?”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Well the answer is a simple yes! Having arrived, we entered a dim lit, dank looking bar area and told to wait until tables were available. A minute after our arrival, a group of five were allowed to proceed to their table in front of us. Thinking that the restaurant was busy, we were incredulous to see that it was empty. There was a distinct lack of costumer service at all levels. There is a very poor list of Indian beer to chose from (cobra) and that's it. And the assumption that we would only want two poppadoms with incepid, watery 'pickles' was far from impressive. To top off a rather lame evening, the food we received looked something that would come out of a tin of 'Pedigree Chum' (we ordered a chicken phal, plain rice and a bizzare concoction of cheese and lychee (yes, lychee) which was not in the description on the menu. If I could have given no stars then I would have! Simply shocking! Avoid at all costs!

“Awful - Do not go to this restaurant!”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I cannot express how disappointed we were by this restaurant. Having visited it two years ago and had average but ok food, we were happy to go again when very hungry. The waiting staff were the rudest I have come across. Neither seemed to have any passion of interest in food or the customers. We were left sitting waiting for a table for ages even tho the restaurant was empty. While waiting I browsed the take away menu and found a curry I fancied. When I finally got to my table it wasnt on the menu so I asked if u could have it, the waitress shrugged and said yes. When my curry came it was nothing like the one I had asked for and full of lychee which was just weird. We were given one poppadom each, no option to ask for more (we were hungry!). No hot plates were provided so the food got cold quickly. Very poor and rude service throughout.
We felt very unhappy about the experience and really keen to leave. The restaurant just had a horrible atmosphere. There are plenty of wonderful places to eat in St Peter Port, don't waste you money here!

• Visited August 2012
Essex
“Average Indian”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Chicken Tikka Masala was good, so too was the King Prawn Balti. The pilau rice tasted like it had margarine melted into it and was quite greasy. The service, although fairly efficient, they gave the impression that they really didn't want to be there and that everything was a bit of an effort. Such a shame. If you can get a window seat the view over the harbour is great. The decor is beginning to look a bit tired. Would I go back? Would probably get take away next time!

• Visited July 2012