This was our second visit to Alderney and the Braye Beach Hotel. There is something quite special about the combination of the Braye Beach and this understated island.
The hotel is excellent in all respects: location, comfort, style and service. It has a ‘seaside-cool’ style that runs through both the public areas of the hotel and the bedrooms. For us, it is a place to be quiet, and to relax.
This brings me to a important note about the attitude of the hotel staff. They are young, smart, calm and helpful. They are completely professional and work smoothly and elegantly under the guidance of Richard, the general manager. There is no stress nor fuss and this, in our opinion, creates the tranquil experience that we find so fitting for this location.
We found the standard of breakfast and dinner to be very good. We had dinner the first night and it was a thoroughly enjoyable way to begin our weekend.
We find the Alderney experience to be great fun as well as being relaxing. The Aurigny flight from Southampton to the island is quite different and exciting. The Island itself is very interesting and we have spent a lot of time walking the cliff paths right around the island. The fortifications on the coast add another dimension to a very pretty island. If you like coastal walks, I am sure you will like Alderney.
I even managed to get a little sun-burned while out rambling, which was a bit surprising given that we visited in the middle of September. So, more sunscreen needed for our next visit.
We were met with smiling, friendly faces everywhere we went on the island. It really is an uplifting experience when you spend a few days on Alderney.
We will return and we will stay at the Braye Beach. If you, too, decide to visit then try to get one of the rooms facing the bay. It is a beautiful view to wake up to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Without doubt the most luxurious hotel in Alderney, the stunning Braye Beach Hotel has one of the most spectacular views you could wish for, standing picture-perfect on the edge of Alderney's finest sandy beach. This stylish and elegant hotel offers the highest standards of food, accommodation and personal service. With the style and elegance of a luxury small hotel, the finer points of hospitality come as standard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz and Booking.com so you can book your Braye Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Braye Beach Resort All Inclusive
- Braye Beach Alderney
- Braye Beach Hotel Alderney, Channel Islands