“Lovely Hotel and staff”
Review of Braye Beach Hotel

Braye Beach Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Alderney
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The hotel is everything you need for some quiet reflection.....and has all the lovely qualities written in the preceding reviews. Richard might like to consider turning off the piped music in the dining room and beach view room though. No one needs cover versions when the wind, rain and sea are creating a perfect harmony. What is the purpose of the music? It is not a feature of the sister hotel Fermaine Valley!

Room Tip: Sea view rooms might be noisy in the summer as the terrace is below.....and next to the bar.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
ManagerProctor, General Manager at Braye Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Thank you for your review, I am glad you and your son enjoyed your stay with us, I appreciate what you are saying about the music, but when I leave it off (because I have forgotten to switch it on)
I have had reviews, which suggest background music would have been nice. so I am a bit torn.
Thank you again for all your feedback and I appreciate your taking the time and trouble to give us a review. I look forward to your return, when I will most certainly turn the music off.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

visited braye december 2011, even though the weather was windy and rainy the sea and beach cove still sparkled beauitfully the roonm to get is the top corner one with the balcony overlooking the cove and breakwater i must go back when it is warmer climes . top class hotel with restaurant superb well looked after and very attentive to detail, a trip to remember make sure you explore this laid back tiny british isle.

Room Tip: top corner room with balcony superb
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your charming and explicit review, always a bonus when guests from a while ago
write a positive review, please come back soon.
Thanks Richard

Reviewed October 26, 2012

I've just returned from a two night break at this hotel and couldn't wait to write the review on Tripadvisor. What a lovely hotel, everything was a good as it could be. The location was perfect right on a wonderful sandy beach, the decor was spot on and the food was amazing. Best of all were the staff, friendly genuine and enthusiastic. The manager Richard Procter deserves huge congratulations for the leadership of such an excellent team. Nothing, absolutely nothing was too much trouble. The pub next door which was owned by the same owners as the hotel was perfect too. A local pub with better than pub food and a genuine friendly welcome, again nothing was too much trouble. We will definately be enjoying a family break at this hotel on Alderney again.

Room Tip: Ask for the double sea view rooms the views are amazing.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
ManagerProctor, General Manager at Braye Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2012

Thank your for your charming review, we really appreciate the time, that you, our lovely guests take to give us positive feedback and hope to see you soon.
Thanks Richard

Reviewed October 16, 2012

My fiance and I loved our stay. We spent 3 nights in a silver room which, even though didn't have a sea view was still so comfortable and lovely and quiet when there was the odd stormy night last week! We could sit in the window and watch the lightening!
I was full of cold during my entire stay but the staff in the hotel were so nice, always asking if I needed anything or if I was feeling better! The full Alderney Breakfast was definately a great help in the mornings before setting off and seeing the sights.
And hiring the electric bikes, as recommended by Richard, was the best way to spend our first day! Not having to pedal as much with a rotten cold meant that our trip round the Island wasnt spoilt at all and we saw so much in such a short space of time!
My fiance, not being the biggest lover of fish is now a convert after having crab and mussels twice during our stay! The food at the hotel was never a disappointment!
Thanks again for putting up with the sneezing and we can't wait to come back and visit soon!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Yes and we loved having you stay, always a pleasure to receive a great review and much appreciated by all the team, we want you to come back and see us soon please.
thanks Richard

Reviewed October 12, 2012

This one night break was absolutely not enough! It was actually a last minute idea to surprise my husband and I'm so pleased I chose this hotel!

I booked through the hotel's reservation centre in Guernsey and got a good deal which included flights from Southampton and a Gold room with breakfast. We were given room 36 which although fairly small, was exceptionally well appointed with a fantastic sea view!

The room was well decorated with a really comfy bed, a brilliant shower in the bathroom, lovely fluffy towels etc.

Thoughtful touches like a decanter of sherry in the room along with fresh milk in the fridge were a lovely idea and much appreciated.

The public areas in the hotel are comfortable and I loved the cinema although sadly, we didn't have time to watch a film! The weather was good the weekend we stayed and quite a few people were having lunch or coffee on the terrace looking out across the wonderful Braye beach. The location is quite something!

The hotel was very well run and nothing was too much trouble. All the staff without exception were brilliant so I think Richard, the manager, has a really good team.

This will have to go down as one of my favourite hotels and I will certainly be back! Thank you so much, you have a hotel to be very proud of!

Room Tip: You must get a sea view room!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

From lovely guests may I thnk you for your lovely review. Just what we need on a cold blustery day to warm the spirits, please come back soon.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

My wife booked the trip as a last minute surprise and we left on the first flight from Southampton on Saturday at 9-ish. We were on the beach at 10:30. Hired bikes for 2 days, went shopping in St Annes, cycled round the island and through the gates of a concentration camp. All the time the hotel was a wonderful base - padlocking the bikes to the railings outside; drinking the sherry in the room with the truly wonderful views of the beach; having a great dinner, breakfast and lunch. All the time being looked after by the wonderful staff who all smiled and bent over backwards to look after us. A quick swim from the beach on Sunday morning to get rid of the hangover before a wonderful breakfast - a great weekend - thanks Sally for arranging it and for the hotel for looking after us. We will be back next year.

Room Tip: you must try and get a sea view room - the staff will try and help if they can but that view is stun...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JTatHampshire
ManagerProctor, General Manager at Braye Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

I love that last comment "we will be back, next year" I will top up the Sherry in you room for that occasion, how lovely to hear from you and I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and took the trouble to write in, it makes it very worthwhile working at this hotel.
A big reason for us being so cheerful and enjoying our work, is we have hotel owners who are a pleasure to work for and believe in maintaining the condition of the hotel to the highest quality.
Thanks again

Reviewed October 7, 2012

We stayed at the Braye beach for 2 nights as part of our honeymoon. What a great decision! The hotel is in a great location directly on the beach, breakfasts on the terrace were delightful, especially as the sun was shining! The food was fantastic, very upmarket and great choice on the menu, the breakfasts were very generous also. The room was immaculate with lovely views of the bay, and the bed huge and very comfy. The staff were so friendly, and made us feel very special despite the hotel being very busy during our stay. We would recommend the Georgian house, and the local bistro in St Anne's if you stray away from the hotel. Some places will even come and pick you up, as the walk up hill into town is quite steep. If you do go out at night a torch would be a good idea, but the view of the stars makes it well worth it! We would definitely recommend this hotel, and if you visit Alderney this is the place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 2AJ

A lovely review and thank you, I am so pleased that you were able to have breakfast on the Balcony overlooking the beach and lapping waves on the shore, I always feel that there is no better place in the world on these occasions, although I am sure there would other hoteliers and restauranteurs who might diasgree.
Please come back
Richard

Also consider these accommodations in or near Alderney
Hotel La Roche du Marais
Fermain Valley Hotel
Fermain Valley Hotel
#6 of 19 in St Peter Port
St. Pierre Park Hotel, Spa & Golf Resort

Been to Braye Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!