“Wonderful hotel”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Alderney
uk
“Wonderful hotel”
Reviewed March 28, 2012

We have just spent three nights at the Braye Beach Hotel. We self catered on Alderney last year and went for dinner at the hotel. Decided to have a short trip this year, staying at the hotel. It is exceptional; driven by a very hard working Richard with great supporting staff. He has set very high standards and expects the staff to operate accordingly.- they all do!!

The restaurant is delightful with a good choice of delicious foods. The location on Braye Beach is perfect. We have stayed in first class hotels all over the world and this is one of the best. Will be back soon.

Room Tip: Pay a bit extra for the rooms with views over Braye beach - just beautiful.
2 Thank ventnormike
CovertBunny, General Manager at Braye Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 19, 2012
General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (306)
Suffolk
Reviewed March 27, 2012

A wonderful retreat. Great service and food, lovely bedroom and public rooms. Everything designed to make your stay comfortable.Alderney is the land time forgot - great for walking,bird watching and being astounded at the scenery and WW2 fortifications. Airplanes to Alderney are something else!

Room Tip: Pay extra for a sea view it's worth it.
Guernsey, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 26, 2012

We have just returned from a wkend staying in the Braye Beach, and I dont often put pen to paper, or should I say write reviews.

We are fortunate to have 4 or 5 breaks a year so do get around a bit, our stay with Richard and his wonderful staff was just wonderful from start to finish. I can put my hand on heart and say we have never met such a jolly and most helpful Manager on any of our travels, nothing was too much trouble and the staff that Richard has with him are obviously learning from the maestro as they too were so so friendly, just one big family, lots of light humour making the trip very special for my husbands special birthday. If you appreciate good food, this offers first class. From Nicole the bubbly receptionist who provided the special little touches, and Flavio the headwaiter who appreciated our banter, the lovely little barman, and the young up and coming waiter, they in our book are indeed a credit to the Braye Beach Hotel.

We certainly want to get back to enjoy the Hotel and the lovely walks that Alderney has to offer, I would have no problem in recommending this Hotel to anyone.

Thankyou once again to Richard and Staff, keep up your good work

Horsham, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 30, 2012

We stayed along with my mother over Christmas and had a lovely time. This was our second Christmas and Richard made it better than ever, even though he tried to feed us so much we couldn't move! The hotel and location were superb and all the staff attentive and we hope to be back next Christmas for more culinary punishment :-)

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Chris M
Already thinking up Menus for this occasion,Thank you so much for your lovely review, I would have thanked you earlier but Trip Advisor took away my authority to respond, please come back to visit us again.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 13, 2012

I stayed at the Braye Beach hotel over Christmas 2011, the service and atmosphere was great, the food was sensational, food for those who appreciate quality. The hotel is like a little hidden gem on the Channel island of Alderney. Thanks to Richard for making our stay a memorable one...we'll definitely be back!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Jersey
Reviewed December 19, 2011

This was our second visit to Braye Beach Hotel and it will definitely not be our last .The Hotel's location,the very friendly and efficient staff, excellent food and a very comfortable room all made our short visit to Alderney a very memorable occasion. Also compliments to the Manager (Richard) who pays tremendous attention to detail in every possible way.

Room Tip: A sea view room is a must. Fall asleep to the sound of the breaking waves and awake to the rising s...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Newark-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 6, 2011

I spent just 24 hours here and was made to feel totally 'included' as though I was one of the family... The proprietor (Richard) was a magnificent host and waiter !!! The food was awesome. Nothing was too much. I was invited to watch a film with the staff that night in their cinema, it was an utter privilege. Thanks Nicole, Steve & Dan.... All the best. Keith x

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Keith Thank you so much for your lovely review, I would have thanked you earlier but Trip Advisor took away my authority to respond, please come back to visit us again.
General Manager.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alderney
Stocks Hotel
The Old Government House Hotel & Spa
The Duke of Richmond Hotel
The Duke of Richmond Hotel
#3 of 19 in St Peter Port

Been to Braye Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!