“Its okay!”

Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Ely, United Kingdom
“Its okay!”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I've come here a handful of times as I only live down the road and I have mixed experiences. The first time I ate here I thought it was horrible I had a roast dinner on a Sunday the beef tasted very cheap and the roast potatoes weren't nice at all. I have returned a couple of other times to have regular things on the menu I.e burger, ribs etc. I think the burgers are good value for the money but everything else it seems like its not quite worth the price of the food. However staff are very friendly and its got a very nice interior.

Ely
“Excellent service and food”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Just wanted to say a big thank you to Casey and Guinevere for their excellent service.
It's a great friendly atmosphere here and very welcoming.
Recommendations to all
Demetris

Sutton-in-the-isle
“Disappointing”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

It seems to be harder to get a decent meal for a reasonable price in Ely these days. Decided to go back to the 'Cutter' having been disappointed with the food recently at the 'Boathouse'. The interior of the Cutter is very smart and the waitress appeared to be on the ball. The food, however, was not up to scratch. My steak, although pink in the middle, was dry as a bone, the fries were only warm. We ate what we could and left as quickly as possible without sweet or coffee. Will not visit again.

1 Thank Paladin5
“Over-rated, appearance got my hopes up”
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

I was excited about eating here, had seen it in the past and thought the pub looked amazing. It looks over the river, so on a lovely day this place gets crowded. However, last night I ate there for the first time. I got scampi and chips, I literally got a handful of warm chips, served with lettuce as the salad(no onion, tomato etc) and the scampi was ok. My friend got the chicken burger and it was that kind of chicken that looks and feels plastic. AND the price.... Ridiculous! Trying to be something they're not.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank loco87
Cambridge
“A paradox”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Beautiful location. Extortionate prices for fizzy pop. Sandwiches are good but it can be difficult to get a seat on a busy day. Here's the paradox......as perfect as this place is on a hot summers day, always leave feeling a little disappointed and I don't k ow why. Maybe it's because they have relieved me of so much money for the half hour stay.....I don't know.

• Visited May 2013