“Over-rated, appearance got my hopes up”
Review of The Cutter Inn

The Cutter Inn
Ranked #9 of 109 Restaurants in Ely
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

I was excited about eating here, had seen it in the past and thought the pub looked amazing. It looks over the river, so on a lovely day this place gets crowded. However, last night I ate there for the first time. I got scampi and chips, I literally got a handful of warm chips, served with lettuce as the salad(no onion, tomato etc) and the scampi was ok. My friend got the chicken burger and it was that kind of chicken that looks and feels plastic. AND the price.... Ridiculous! Trying to be something they're not.

1  Thank loco87

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Beautiful location. Extortionate prices for fizzy pop. Sandwiches are good but it can be difficult to get a seat on a busy day. Here's the paradox......as perfect as this place is on a hot summers day, always leave feeling a little disappointed and I don't k ow why. Maybe it's because they have relieved me of so much money for the half hour stay.....I don't know.

1  Thank melandjules
Reviewed June 26, 2013

the only good thing about this restaurant is they offer a separate gf menu.....fruit salad is the only desert option.
I had the Camembert to start that is supposed to be served warm and gooey .....it was just above room temp and hard. 2 people on the table next to us sent theirs back, but still left a majority of it even after reheating. My friend ordered an extra side of veg as her lamb shank only came with mushed potato.....the veg was extremely over cooked and faded and the broccoli had blown and was presented with yellow flower heads on it! My other friend had the gf chicken and it was so tough, she left most of it.
Used to be a good restaurant, but none of us will be eating there again.

5  Thank anneburton28
Reviewed June 12, 2013

The view is lovely. The food was average. It was crazy packed when we arrived so we found ourselves trying to cram 3 adults and a child around a table for 2. I think if the waiters took the time to actually seat people, it would make better use of the limited table space they have instead of allowing 1 person to take up a table for 4. We ended up finally sitting on the bar side instead of the fancier looking dining side. Our table was right next to the door so it kept swinging into us. Maybe a new floor plan would be a good idea...Anyway back to the food..it was just okay. The price was a little high for what it was.

1  Thank Lisaplywood
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We went there for lunch on a Sunday. We chose the roast of the day which turned out to be pork. It tasted like it had been cooked quite some time in advance. The vegetables were tired and tasteless and the gravy, which came in a separate gravy boat, was some kind of lumpy gloop. It tasted like the kind of roast lunch one imagines they serve up in Wormwood Scrubs.
It was freezing cold and they would not let us bring in a our small elderly dog into their vast impersonal pub staffed by black clad youngsters who seemed more interested in talking to each other that actually providing a service. We were jade to st outside in the cold. This pub is a throw back to the 70s when we didn't understand food or service. Awful. Will not be going back.

1  Thank edwardseago