“Wonderful Cathedral and venue....”
Review of Ely Cathedral

Ely Cathedral
Ranked #1 of 17 things to do in Ely
Reviewed September 12, 2018 via mobile

Our first visit to the Cathedral and we were mightily impressed with everything it offers. Externally it is a stunning building and inside there is much to see and admire. The windows are exceptional, the features of the knave and elsewhere just so special. The art exhibition on display was an additional event we hadn’t expected.

I’d recommend anyone to pay a visit. We would have liked to have heard the choir sing but unfortunately our timing was not right.

Date of experience: September 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (2,466)
All reviews
in 85 reviews
"choir"
in 142 reviews

Reviewed September 11, 2018 via mobile

My partner and I went to the cathedral on Friday. Though stunned by the beautiful architecture, we were surprised by how rude the staff was.
The receptionist said to us “You need to pay before coming in” when we just stepped into the cathedral, literally in two seconds. It was our first visit and we were still finding our way to the reception. To be honest, we were put off by the receptionist’s attitude and did not feel welcomed in the house of God. There is no need for the attitude. Very disappointed.

3  Thank yanyanw2016
Reviewed September 11, 2018 via mobile

Ely cathedral was breathtakingly beautiful. An added bonus was that I was able to take my dog in with me.

Reviewed September 10, 2018

Expected an entrance fee but not a basic £9 simply to enter and then there’s extra for each additional attraction.
Appreciate maintenance costs but £9 asking too much !

See more reviews
Reviewed September 10, 2018

Was a little worried about paying to enter, what I view as a public place, but as this was one of the main reasons for visiting Ely, to visit the cathedral, I paid! I couldn't have been more pleasantly surprised! Part of the fee paid included a guided tour - Our tour guide - Lynn (not sure of spelling) - was fantastic, knowledgeable and gave us so much interesting information that I could have listened to her all day!
I would recommend this to anyone who has an interest in history. We didnt undertake the tower tours but this would, I am sure have made an interesting addition to the visit.