“Good , fresh food and friendly service”
Review of The Almonry

The Almonry
Ranked #8 of 110 Restaurants in Ely
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Mentioned twice in reviews of Ely as place to visit, but not listed as yet as a restaurant
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I would recommend this restaurant for the freshness and quality of it home cooking. I had grilled trout, my wife had fresh ham , egg and chips and my brother had a chicken, ham and asparagus pie. For poundings, treacle tart, apple and blackberry pie and lemon meringue pie. Including the drink all for less than £50. Good friendly service in the undercroft of the cathedral's almonry.
The menu includes a wide range of snack meals and teas also.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

I have been back to The Almonry on many occasions and it is always a pleasure. With tearooms and a restaurant it is suitable for a quick stop, lunch or dinner and all of the food and drink I've tried has been well presented and delicious. The service is excellent and between the staff and the environment it creates a warm and friendly atmosphere. If the weather is good, I would highly recommend sitting down for a drink in their well-kept little garden which offers an amazing view of Ely Cathedral just over the hedge.

(I chose "visited as a couple", but most of the time it has been with my fiance and her parents - all of whom love going back)

Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

We were thoroughly impressed with the Almonry, wanting somewhere smaller and more sophisticated than a cathedral refectory and we were not disappointed. The food was delicious, beautifully prepared and well-presented. The service was absolutely excellent, unobtrusive and very polite with staff ready at a nod.
The rooms are small, clean and well decorated and create a cosy intimate atmosphere. The wine, needless to say is just right. Excellent value for money,
Can't wait to go back.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

This is a tea shop and restaurant close to Ely Cathedral. We visited the tea shop. Lovely setting and atmosphere. Decorations nice and fresh. Mixture of sofa and standard chair seating although quite short on space. Extensive beverage, sandwich and cake menu. We all had hot chocolates plus a selection of cakes - scone, tea cake, carrot cake and millionaires shortbread. All really tasty although the tea cake came over-toasted and had to be returned. No problems getting a replacement though. The total bill came to just over £21 for 4 of us plus a tip. The staff were friendly and attentive.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Amazing choice in the tea room from sandwiches, jacket potatoes and platters to desserts and cakes. I enjoyed my home made soup, home made carrot cake and coffee and it cost me under £10. Service was great highly recommended:-)

2  Thank ljbdrc