“Excellent service from Joanne”

Grove Barn Cambridgeshire
Ranked #1 of 25 Ely B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 19, 2011

We were booked into Barn Lodge for three nights on a business trip.
Sadly a change of plan meant that we had to cancel, however I would like to say how helpful Joanne was when making the booking and again when we had to cancel.
Although I cannot rate the accommodation, I am already looking forward to when I can re-book and enjoy her hospitality. Something I am unable to say for some of the places we have stayed, having travelled all over the UK on business trips.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed September 24, 2010

My husband booked this as a suprise for our aniversary and what a lovely suprise it was.Grove Barn is stunning! The rooms are beautifully furnished and immaculatly clean.Everthing has been thought of here, you really only need to take yourself! The gardens are fantastic and we sat in the late afternoon sunshine watching the chickens and there funny antics! Joanne the owner is so lovely, we felt like we had known her for years.She cooked us an amazing breakfast which is served in the main house with wonderful views across the countryside.It is an ideal base for exploring the area, we only had time to visit Ely which is a must see,especially as all of the car parks are free! We had a lovely meal in the restaurant virtually next door to the Grove Barn, which is great if you want to leave the car behind .We were very sad not to be staying longer, we have stayed in many hotels and guest houses and Grove Barn was really the best and superb value for money. On a final note I have to so thankyou so much Joanne for making our Aniversary so special,the red roses you put in our room was so thoughtful,I hope you didn,t mind me bringing them home! Bev Page

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BevPage
Reviewed September 1, 2010

I’ve just returned from a weekend staying in this lovely B&B.

Joanne, the proprietor, has thought of everything to ensure that her guests’ needs are met to the highest standard.

The converted outbuilding has been converted into three individual rooms all with en-suite facilities, king-size beds and fully equipped to ensure your stay is as perfect as possible. All rooms have above average tea/coffee making facilities, iron, hairdryer, torch and even an umberella ! The beds have pocket sprung mattresses and are so comfy.

Breakfast is superb and freshly made to individual specific requirements with choice of continental or full english.

There is a fabulous garden where you can sit and marvel at the beautiful views.

The only downside of the trip was that I had to come home !

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ely
Poets House
Hotel Barge Waternimf
Riverside Inn
Riverside Inn
#8 of 25 in Ely

Been to Grove Barn Cambridgeshire? Share your experiences!