“staff need training”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Folkestone, United Kingdom
“staff need training”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

The bar staff should have some training before being let loose behind such a lovely bar.
I ended up with four gins instead of two one of which ended up in a glass so small there was hardly any room to put a mixer in it Eventually when I found a person with a suitable grasp of the English language I ended up with what I had ordered.
The food was presented beautifully on the menu , but when it arrived was luke warm. POOR at best

Visited December 2013

Ely, United Kingdom
“Totally embarrassing, food & service so dire it was practically a comedy sketch.”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Recently moved to Ely, mum came to stay for her birthday, and we decided to take her to The Lamb for a birthday dinner. It had good reviews & a reasonable selection of dairy free dishes, so we were all looking forward to our evening meal. When ordering we were told there would be a 40 minute wait & after 35 minutes we were told there was no mashed potato left (for our 'pork belly on bubble & squeak served with kale, petit pois & green beans, drizzled with a sweet black treacle and bourbon glaze') so given the choice of rice or oven chips. 10 minutes later all 4 plates arrived, with a lump of pork belly and a helping of dry rice on each, despite 2 of us ordering chips. The plates were then sent back & returned with chips. However no sight of the black treacle & bourbon glaze on the pork, no kale, no petit pois, and no green beans. When queried, the plates were sent back to the kitchen again and shortly returned with peas, RAW green beans and a small jug of treacle & bourbon glaze slapped on the side. By this time the pork belly was cold & rubbery. My poor mum just laughed the entire way through and told me it was so dire it was like a comedy sketch. I am now sad to say that I'm over £50 out of pocket for this embarrassing experience. I am also sad to say I
won't ever go back to the Lamb Hotel.

Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
“Very Average”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We visited on a Saturday lunch and the restaurant was very busy at 2pm. We had beef and ale pie and lamb shank which were both very average and both meals were small portion. We ordered desserts and I had to chase them up after waiting for 20 mins after 25 mins they had still not arrived and I again asked how much longer they would be. When the desserts were brought to the table there was no apology and I asked why there was a delay and the reply was lack of chefs in the kitchen. I would not be in a hurry to return.

Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Fairly pleasant at the Lamb”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Popped in after visiting the Stained Glass Museum at the cathedral. Handy central location. Excellent value - we ordered haddock in a cheesey sauce (came with spinach, new potatoes and peas) and a chicken and pulled ham pie along with 2 drinks for just over 13 quid. Service was swift, atmosphere was cosy and relaxed - just the ticket on a cold November day!

Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Mum's Birthday lunch”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Had a lovely lunch with the family here. We turned up on spec with no reservation, the restaurant uses a bar order type service for ordering, which couldve been better but saying that all the food we ordered was of top quality and seemed to be made from scratch on site.Well worh a visit espcially for the steak & ale pie which was delicious.