“Welcoming and friendly”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

a family run independent cafe with lots of character and welcoming. great coffee-especially cappuccinos-can get very busy on Saturdays.
On a quiet street along with other independent shops....

There are newer reviews for Clowns Cafe

Reviewed October 4, 2013

One of the few places still open when I start my night shifts. Great coffee and very friendly. Always very welcoming even more so to their locals.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

We have been coming here as a family since I was tiny.
Brilliantly priced, tasty Italian food. The chocolate cake in particular is absolutely amazing, as is the apple crumble.
Lovely atmosphere, very relaxed, and the roof garden is lovely in the summer.
As for the staff, they are so warm and welcoming and truely brilliant people who are always happy to talk. They are true friends, and always go the extra mile to make your visit enjoyable.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

I was looking for something else which was closed and while waiting for it to open, I decided to have a coffee and there I stumbled upon this lovely italian place with the lovely lady who was very nice and friendly and she made a very nice coffee and definitely made the place very lively! I can recommend it to anyone.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

I really like this place. I am loath to review it because I want it kept for locals.

We probably eat here once a fortnight, because we are locals. If you are from out of town, there is nothing for you here. Go to Bella Italia, or Zizzi, and don't disturb us, please.

I like the coffee. I like the hot chocolate with the mountain of fake cream on top. I like the over the top Italian lady who runs it. She's a doll. I like the slightly camp waiters. I like the little shots of amaretto.

No one is going to pretend that it is the best Italian food in the world, but it ain't half bad and it's very cheap.

I often miss lunch to save room for the buffet on Wednesdays. Cheap and cheerful is the word. Whoever heard of crisps on an Italian buffet ? But it is good fun. Cold cuts of meat, big chunks of pecorino, bowls of olives, pasta salad, huge hunks of bread. A free glass of slightly dodgy Italian red.

St Peter preached the epistles to the apostles after eating food like this.

Three glasses of the house nasty, and I might do the same.