“good Vietnamese food”

Cuisines: Chinese, Vietnamese
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed February 24, 2014

in this small restaurant, located in the town centre, is served very good Vietnamese food by very kind and welcoming staff at reasonable prices. The atmosphere is nice, the decoration not really agreable but you can get over it. They don't serve wine but there is, less than 200 yards away, a very good wine merchant where you can get your wine. I'll definitively come back at my next trip to Cambridge.

1  Thank francesco g

Reviewed February 15, 2014

Went with wife.

While my meal was very good, downsides included;

Waiting staff a bit frosty and unwelcoming; decor spartan - overall not very welcoming.
Portion size small - we felt it was overpriced.
My wife's meal was one of the duck options. She said meat was overcooked.

Overall it was ok, but won't be going back.

1  Thank travelbobv
Reviewed January 31, 2014

This place has not let us down in the three times we've been there with authentic Vietnamese food cooked to perfection. Very good value for the quality and, what's more, for a £1.50 corkage fee per drinker, you can take your own alcohol. They'll even keep your wine in the fridge for you between rounds!

While the food is excellent, what many diners will find lets the place down is the attitude of the service staff. Having been to Vietnam, I recognise this as the natural culture of the staff. To Brits, it can seem rude and curt although it is not intended this way. The restaurant could do with some English training to help staff come across in a more natural way to British customers. If they need some advice on this, feel free to contact me as I have considerable experience in this field!

So, do go, but be ready for authentic food served in an authentic way!

1  Thank shmooj
Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

Dull tastless overpriced .Would not recommend it.Would not go back again.Service charge was added so asked to be removed.No heating in place relied on peoples body heat .Your choice

1  Thank Jucambridge
Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

As a Sydney-sider I thought it was over priced but no more so than other Cambridge establishments. The staff were friendly. It feels like a family run business. I suspect the wait staff are children of the owners. Quite similar to a restaurant back home.
We had pancake for starters and shared vego Pho. It was delicious. We were not hassled at all. The portion sizes were sufficient for us to share between two. It was a nice way to start the evening.

1  Thank Sam C