“Christmas Party”

Darrys Liquor Loft and Restaurant
Ranked #148 of 736 Restaurants in Cambridge
Cuisines: European
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: An eclectic Cambridge restaurant situated on the famous King Street in the heart of Cambridge. Modern British cuisine, utilising the freshest local ingredients by a team of talented chefs in the kitchen. We have recently undergone a massive redevelopment with a brand new restaurant. Come on an adventure with us and discover your palette. We also have our private dining room "The wineshop", which is available for your function. We have built a bar above the restaurant with a roof top terrace. Called the Liquor Loft! We have an extensive cocktail list with a focus on barrel aged cocktails, home-made liquors and cordials, paired with craft spirits and beers.
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Went here just over a month ago for a lunchtime works dinner to celebrate Christmas. The pate starter first which was tasty but I was disappointed with the small half slice of crusty bread as we had expected enough bread to enjoy the pate. The second course was Christmas Dinner this was tasty and filling with all the trimmings but the menu said served with seasonal vegs, to my knowledge we had pots and one veg!! a little more veg would have been great but I loved the extra gravy provided on request and how they let us just get on and enjoying ourselves.... one can't say anything when in company!! - the puddings - I can't comment as I only had two courses but they looked yummy just like all the other food served to my colleagues

Reviewed January 22, 2013

We had a family dinner here for a special occasion and we left really satisfied with the food and service.Delicious taste,my favorite was the cheesecake!So far I have tried in few different countries and this was the best I have had!Strongly recommended!

1  Thank EdenOfSuns
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I've always been a regular here since my undergraduate days in 2007. It used to be an excellent restaurant with the high point being the woodland berry cheesecake. Those of you lucky enough to have experienced this dessert know exactly what I'm talking about.

However, the restaurant has been in steady decline since 2008 and unless something drastic changes (i.e. a change of head chefs), the visit I had a week ago will be my last.

Firstly, the manager shouldn't serve as front of house - her presence wasn't warm or welcoming.

Secondly, the food was utterly mediocre pub food. I know not how to rectify this in a restaurant setting, but please respect the fact that we are not paying pub-food prices.

However, the atmosphere was peaceful, if not, a little too hollow owing to the lack of customers, creating an almost eerie vibe. The younger staff were very friendly and managed to recommend good wine combinations.

But all in all, I wouldn't and couldn't recommend this restaurant anymore.

2  Thank Buyun
Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

Simply one of the best burgers I've ever eaten. Really meaty and tender (and given Tesco value burger coverage at time of writing, that's reassuring). Lovely. The wife's veggie stew was also a big hit. Lovely atmosphere and good service. Couldn't fault it. Will be back!

1  Thank Pete M
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We have been here three times and have never found fault!

While we were in Winchester recently we took a cab out (5mins) to be able to eat here again.

Wines include a lot of D'arenburg wines from Australia. YUM!!!

1  Thank Spring_Chick_10