“Food and the THE RUNS!”

Ranked #69 of 761 Restaurants in Cambridge
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 3, 2019

I am afraid I didn't have a very good experience whwn I had the dinner eith my daughter on last Thursday. I had a lamb shish kebak with salad and chips; salad components included cut cucumbers and. i must say they were not in a very healthy shape. I didn't want to be too fussy and ate them anyways. Of course I realized my temptation couple of hours later. Not a very good feeling when you are in a Taxi heading towards the hotel and the hotel seems so far away. In genersl the food was not that great. Shish kevab was a bit chewy (rubbery) rather than succulent. Also be ware , its cash only policy; which we knew before we made our reservations.

Date of visit: July 2019
Write a reviewReviews (296)

Reviewed June 1, 2019

The food was good. Service fine.They had a special deal if you dined between 5pm and 7pm for 3 courses for £14.95. When we paid...the bill was over £37.00 !! We didn't order any drinks, as we usually have water. We questioned the bill, and the Manager said "Don't come back !!!" Even with a service charge, it was excessive. I pointed to the board outside.
Maybe the restaurant overcharges many customers who are too kindhearted to question the bill..
Be warned.

Reviewed May 19, 2019 via mobile

Delicious food, lots of great veggie options, cosy atmosphere on a quiet early evening. But poor service let the place down at the end of the meal.

We received a bill on which everything had been clumped together - just one total figure given for starters, one total figure given for mains, one for drinks. As a small group of three friends on differing budgets we needed to work out who owed what, so asked for an itemised bill (not something I have ever needed to request in a restaurant before as it’s usually a given!).

We received an extremely rude response from the woman writing up the bills - she literally shoved a menu at us and told us to work it out for ourselves. We did so, and deducted the service charge she had added to the bill as an acknowledgement of this bafflingly poor service.

Reviewed May 18, 2019 via mobile

Went to this restaurant on recommendation from a friend. Didn’t know what to expect! It was a warm, lively place full of people enjoying themselves and the environment. Excellent food, really tasty and enjoyed the experience! Will definitely go back again soon!

Reviewed April 29, 2019

Been here a few times now and the food is always so tasty. Love that it's so consistent with quality and flavour and the grill makes brilliant street food theatre. Lovely place to hang out with friends

Date of visit: March 2019