“Amazing!!”
Review of Loch Fyne

Loch Fyne
Ranked #31 of 690 Restaurants in Cambridge
Cuisines: Seafood, European, British, Scottish
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Loch Fyne restaurants present a fine selection of fresh shellfish and oysters, along with seasonal fish and seafood specials. Each restaurant is rustic yet contemporary, with an elegant ambience. Grilled meat dishes are available at Loch Fyne, along with a popular kids menu. All of the fresh seafood is sustainably sourced.
“Amazing!!”
Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

I went here with my boyfriend the other day the food was amazing and the atmosphere Inside was lovely very old looking inside which made it really nice wouldn't hesitate to go back here again and am planning to very soon! There are only a few minor problems I found while there and that was that when I went to go to the toilet I found that the floor in the restaurant was quite slippery I think it could just be the wood that's in there as it was clean but that was abit of a problem and also the waiter we had was very friendly but he was a little but over the top and didnt really listen to what we were saying and took food from the table when we had asked to keep it and then started to make jokes about us wanting to take it home which I found a little bit rude as he was talking rather loud and attracting alot of attention to us so wasn't overly happy with our waiter but he was nice other than those problems but that didnt dampen the mood as it was a lovely restaruant the toilets were very clean and the food was amazing.

• Visited April 2013

Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Very disappointing”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Service was slow , no mussels on a Friday night waited 40 mins for our desert of sorbet , had much better and cheaper fish at many other restaurants , will not be going back .

• Visited April 2013
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Excellent fish”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We visited on Good Friday and although busy, staff were attentive and efficient. Fish was excellent quality and could not be faulted. Menu had plenty of choice including some sensible specials of the day.
As a couple we wanted a quiet corner and the waiter found us one, away from family groups who naturally wanted to celebrate in their own way.
Well done Loch Fyne, Cambridge.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Upbeat staff!”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We had a delicious meal recently at Loch Fyne in Cambridge. We both had the smoked mackerel pate served in a tiny Kilner jar, very tasty and clever presentation. I opted for the fish and chips but there was nothing mundane about it either in taste or presentation. My husband had the smoked haddock and colcannon, needless to say, both plates went back empty.
The food was excellent and the staff are really attentive and jokey. I had seen how good they were with a VERY young customer, offering him a balloon, when I jokingly asked if I could have one, you guessed I left clutching a blue balloon!

Cambridge
“3 course lunch menu is good value”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We have been to Loch Fyne 3 times now and always for the lunch menu, unfortunately I doubt we will go back for a while.

The first time was great. We had Cullen Skink for starters. It was rich and creamy, loaded with perfectly cooked fish and a few new potatoes and came with a couple of thickly sliced granary bread slices - this is why we went back. For the main course we had the Sole, which filled the plate and was very tasty and cooked perfectly. The sides were quite poor - tiny portion of cold vegetables and the fries were like old McDonalds' fries. For dessert, I had the apple pie and my wife had chocolate ice-cream. The pie was piping hot with a scoop of nice vanilla ice-cream, though the pie was obviously of the frozen variety it was quite nice and helped fill me up. The chocolate ice-cream was similar to Haagen Dazs.

All in all, for £24 we thought it was a bargain, so we came back a few days later with our two children. We ordered exactly the same as before, the Skink was watery and served with a tiny slice of brown bread. They didn't have the Sole, so offered Plaice instead, which was quite nice, but served rather unappealingly being brown side up.

As it was the school holidays our children were allowed to order from the kids menu at no extra charge, though the waiter later said that it was a mistake, but honoured it. It really was fantastic value!

Our last visit was another disappointment. Again the Skink was watery and served with hardly any bread. The sides were woeful and my pie wasn't actually as good as I had convinced myself it was.

So overall I do see it as good value. The staff are quite nice, but slow and need to be reminded about the bill. We will go back but not for quite a while though.